• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update: Now it's Complete!

I was checking the Complete Uppers in stock thread over on AR-15.com last week and low and behold a BCM 16" mid-length Reese Upper with option to purchase a bcg was linked. Clicked it and it was still showing in stock. The rest is a little fuzzy but I think I was possessed by a demon that made me click buy now! It's pre-panic prices with only a $40 dollar premium which they are donating to the NRA and it will be back out of stock in minutes the little demon whispered in my ear.

Well the UPS man showed up last night so now I think my first AR-15 build is truly done and this one should hold up for a long long time no matter what I throw at it. Might have an aimpoint or eotech in it's future but I really like this MTAC 1.5x -6x with quick release mount and think I can shoot it effectively with both eyes open at 1.5x on up close stuff. The illuminated circle - dot reticule works a lot like a red dot and the eye-relief is extremely generous so we will see.

DSC_0055_zps46c63cb0.jpg

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What was the orig installed upper? Looked for the info in post no luck.
    Thanks
    WR

A Standard carbine length gas system with m4 1/9 twist Wilson Arms Chrome-lined Barrel, m4 unnamed upper but it had the same forging mark as the BCM one actually, an aim sports quad rail, and a semi auto generic bcg that was properly staked. Picked up at the gun show from some outfit that builds them in Tallahassee I believe. It appeared to be of pretty good quality to me but I paid to much in the height of the panic and ate it selling it off and trading to members here after I secured the the BCM.

Going to let the SU-16C be my back-up 5.56.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nice looking AR Fletch...hopefully the crisis will settle down and I can start my build, thanks for the motivation

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom