• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any of you guys have any hands on experience with a 1911 style single stack 9mm? looking for one for CCW
    Thanks Mike

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No,but was looking into it a bit myself,something inside my head keeps asking why when there is a g-19 that has almost tripple the mag cap,and always goes bang,then there is that other side that loves 1911's.No first hans exp. but have heard nothing but awesome reviews of the springfield EMP..

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never shot a 9mm 1911 but I can vouch for the quality of STI. I have one of their lower grade 1911s in .45 (Spartan) and I was amazed with the accuracy and trigger pull right out of the box.

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive had the EMP 9mm Springfield Armory worked really good... IF you can find one and dont laugh the Star BM 9mm is probably the best cheap carry gun IF you can find one, still plenty of parts out there for em and they eat everything u feed em. put over 1K rounds thru mine and not a hiccup want another one

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive shot one it was fun low recoil and stayed on target pretty easily, but in comparison to my G17 id pick my G17

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an EMP and I carry it a lot, nice gun and accurate.

Only problem that I have ever had with it, is when the rear sight came loose while giving it a good shake down at the range...

I got it 2nd hand and I think that the sight may have been moved around before and put back without loctite.

No,but was looking into it a bit myself,something inside my head keeps asking why when there is a g-19 that has almost tripple the mag cap,and always goes bang,then there is that other side that loves 1911's.No first hans exp. but have heard nothing but awesome reviews of the springfield EMP..

Difference between the Glock and the 1911's is the width... I carry IWB with my shirt tucked it, the width of the gun is very important. My EMP is nearly as comfortable to carry as my 938 and 238... So are my commander sized 1911's with aluminum frames.

sunnyJ

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive got a star model bm with a galco leather shoulder holster, its a pretty solid setup but imho you cant beat a colt new agent or even a mustang

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had an old dog of a 1911 clone in 9mm from Star. This dog was beat when I bought it for $80. I had a very cheap supply of 9mm at the time and I shot the crap out of it. Cleaned with Carb cleaner lub with WD40. Just like a timex. It always went bang but based on its condition it was never a carry gun. I carried a Beretta Mod 70S back then.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to have a blued Colt series 70. It always went bang. I also had one in 9x22mm but could never find any ammo. Fortunately it also came with a 38 super barrel, also not a real popular cartridge. I sold both guns long ago and firmly believe all 1911s should be chambered in 45acp, as God and John Browning intended.

Rick

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TAURUS 1911 in 9mm $599.00 no brainer in is a super shooter and a very well made weapon for the money, very accurate and sweet to shoot. Have one Love it but like Matt says the others are sweet too with 3 times the cap. so for CCW I would pass on it, but what a plinker.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Taurus PT1911 9mm and a RIA 9mm. Both are sweet shooters, but I don't use them for EDC. Both have 5" barrels, just to big to conceal.

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because I have plenty of ammo for it.. not looking to buy another caliber

That is a pretty good reason.

One time I had the opportunity to shoot a Kimber single stack in 9mm with a 5" barrel. It was nice. I wouldn't pay the $ for a Kimber but that is me.

Top Bottom