• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I got 750 more rnds today?? They must have had more. Their was two guys that had it all blocked when I walked up. They got 1 box, they stepped to the side and I just too my arm and wiped the whole shelf off into my basket.....

Notice the box in the pic.....

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is that the Savage 17 w/ threaded barrel??? Those are purty sweet..... Scratch that....I looked at page 1 and that's it!!!! Nice brother! Bring her up tomorrow and lets shoot!

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I myself wanted to try one and M.O.A. sold me a Marlin 917VSF. I changed the scope to a Mueller SILVER APV 4.5-14X40 and today was the first day I had a chance to fire it. I went to ERGC about 12:00 and the weather cleared long enough to shoot for a couple hours. I was using Hornady 17GR VMAX and it took about 5-6 rounds to put it into the bull's eye at 30 yards. I then let my 11 year old put some soda cans out at 40 yards, he had shot a couple earlier with a Ruger Charger .22lr and the cans popped. When he hit them with the 17hmr the can was vaporized, the base was still in the berm, the lid went 10+ feet in the air and there was pieces of the sidewall everywhere. I then took 8-10 cans and went to the back of the range (110-120 yards) and let my son try to hit those with the 30 yard settings. He went high (about 1-2") on the first one and then waxed the rest of the cans. I didn't get a chance to check how much the bullet dropped from 30 to 100 yards but I wouldn't imagine 1-2 inches. When I get a chance to go back out there I'll check and set it at 100. I think this has become one of my favorite rifles to shoot. The only thing I would change on the Marlin 917VSF is the trigger, guessing 4-6 lbs but would like to drop it a little.

Ted

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I too have the Marlin 917. It's the most accurate one made....... That's right, I said it.....They are the most Accurate..... Anyone with a Savage or Henry, Taurus etc..., that doesn't think so, we can all meet up and have a little competition shoot. We shall see........ hehehe

I use mine for tree rats, rabbits and coyotes.....

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I too have the Marlin 917. It's the most accurate one made....... That's right, I said it.....They are the most Accurate..... Anyone with a Savage or Henry, Taurus etc..., that doesn't think so, we can all meet up and have a little competition shoot. We shall see........ hehehe

I use mine for tree rats, rabbits and coyotes.....

I'm in!! .17 shootout!! My savage shoots holes at 100yrds 15.5gr hornady..... It's gonna be hard to beat that accutrigger... Matter of fact we can all swap guns just to see who has the most accurate...

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm in!! .17 shootout!! My savage shoots holes at 100yrds 15.5gr hornady..... It's gonna be hard to beat that accutrigger... Matter of fact we can all swap guns just to see who has the most accurate...

Ha, yours shoots holes..... Mine shoots only 1 hole, the rest go thru the same hole.. hehe

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got a shooting range, and as soon as I re-build the shooters house/lanes, and re-build target stands, I'll post it. And anyone that wants to have the shoot out, is welcomed.
    100yd down range lanes.....

Had the local vandals tear my buildings and stands down.....

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    HEY ZEROED IN:

Where you is???
    Please post your location in your profile so we know where you are located. I have actually been selling/trading several things lately on this forum. When I get PM's from people that do not have their location in their profile I skip them and go to the next... Someone lost a fine knife the other day for this very same reason... Put your location in their. This forum is named the gulf coast gun forum and that's fine. The forum is ever growing in the beginning this forum was created and comprised by members strictly from the Pensacola, Orange Beach, Destin area, thankfully it has grown to the point that we have members in several states, south florida, north Alabama etc. hopefully it will keep growing, however if you post a mini gun for sale and you live in Alaska then my Milton Florida ass is gonna have trouble getting a sleigh dog team ready in time to meet you with the cash. I'm gonna venture to say that most members prefer a FTF deal locally. That is not everyone's opinion for instance if you had a gun for sale or trade and you were in Alaska then I would have no problem using an FFL on both ends to make the trade within confines of the law. I'm sure that their are many other members that feel the same way. However shipping a gun adds to the cost, if I don't know that the transaction is gonna require shipping then I don't know to take into account that I'm gonna have to pay more for FFl fees for out of state guns, or the shipping fees... Bottom line is please take the time to put your location in your profile... And no Hugh "bubble tub" is not an acceptable location unless you are washing that stud weiner of yours and you make us weiner gazers a video.....

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me know when y'all shoot Jeremy. I'll bring the ole volquartsen custom and show you what that savage can't do and that's make you fall in love! I have the same savage and it is no doubt bad to the bone but the volquartsen is smooth as silk. Got one of the coopers also and it's pretty dead on just don't like putting my dirty hands on the damn thing.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me know when y'all shoot Jeremy. I'll bring the ole volquartsen custom and show you what that savage can't do and that's make you fall in love! I have the same savage and it is no doubt bad to the bone but the volquartsen is smooth as silk. Got one of the coopers also and it's pretty dead on just don't like putting my dirty hands on the damn thing.

Don't tease saying you got a Volquartsen and not post any pics!!!! Gezzzzzz that's a dream gun!!! hahaha I told Logan, that we'd get 1 some day!!!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I here you... Weather has gonna have to clear up 1st. Then I gotta go buy a Framing gun and the nails, spark up the old generator, air compressor, and load the truck. Then go try and re-build it all. Oh, and get a bush-hog down there to mow it all down so you ain't hi-stepping.... But it makes a great paint-ball game arena like it is now.
    But it's close enough for you to drive there MH...
    I can probably do a 250-300yd rifle shot lane or two. Just depends on how much I run the bush-hog back. It was set up @ 100yds for the rifles, and 15/25yds for the pistols. Any configuration of yardage isn't a problem though.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    NOTICE
    when I get everything taken care of, I'll post the Shoot Off. I will invite those interested by PM's.
    I Do Not want the Location posted on this or any open forums.
    So Please, respect my wishes, and most of you can have a nearby place to shoot w/o cost.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll get a pic of it up. I bought it at marks outdoors in Bham a few years back and love that thing. Mullet you can hide money but I just can't hide debt, it shoots to good!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom