• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I took a Remington 11-87 and had the barrel cut and put a Speedfeed Tac IV stock on it. I have fallen on some financial woes and listed it on a couple of local sites (I live in MS). Nothing, not even a trade offer has come in at $375. Which I thought to be a very good price. Anyone have any reason people aren't reacting to this at all? I am just curious really.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a super price for an 11-87 in decent shape. All I can think of is that so many people bought guns during the panic is that no one is looking.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What did you cut the barrel to, I guess it will not take chokes now? and do you have the original stock? I think you converted a too high priced semi to a HD weapon, I took a Maverick 88, bought a 20" barrel and pistol grip but still have the original parts. upload a pic please

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a super price for an 11-87 in decent shape. All I can think of is that so many people bought guns during the panic is that no one is looking.

Probably what it is. I see all kinds of guns for sale on multiple forums. All I see is people commenting and saying "Man, that's a nice gun, wish I could afford it." Unless it's a steal, people seems to be tapped out on either cash or room in the safe right now.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably what it is. I see all kinds of guns for sale on multiple forums. All I see is people commenting and saying "Man, that's a nice gun, wish I could afford it." Unless it's a steal, people seems to be tapped out on either cash or room in the safe right now.

Plus the weeks before and after a gun show are generally pretty slow.

Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cut the barrel to 20&1/2" it is a vented rib barrel. I left enough room for a 3 round extension. Just never got around to that unfortunately.

Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And I can't ever get pics to load from my phone. I could post later tonight or this weekend from my computer.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    12 ga I assume? So does that make it an improved non changeable barrel/choke? See that is my issue or I would be all over the gun. Instead of cutting my barrel I bought a 20" barrel and held onto the 26" barrel, that way I can hunt w it during season and convert it back to a home SD gun off season. You might find a used vent rib w chokes barrel and sell the combo for $200+ more than you are asking??

Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, but that requires spending money I flat don't have right now. To be honest, I never saw myself selling this one. But u know how life likes to laugh at our best laid plans.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Have you shot it much in its current config? There are discussions on the net in different forums that the 11-87 semi auto sometimes will not cycle properly with the shortened barrel either the low recoil rds or others?

See I would be a buyer for the gun with the standard barrel (not sure what choke the shortened barrel would be), now it only has one purpose and most of us decided long ago a pump shotgun was more reliable. Anyway that may be part of the issue for you, Good luck w the sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom