APOD Firearms

WTB --- Thompson Encore Pro Barrels ----- Within roughly 1 1/2 hrs of Gulf Breeze, FL

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm looking for barrels for a Thompson Encore, particularly in 7mm-08, 30-06, .308, 22-250, .270 or WSM, .300 or WSM, 6.5x55, 6.5x39, 7.62x39, 7.5x54, 6.8 SPC or SPC II, 7.62.54R, 6.5mm Creedmoor, 6mm PPC just to name a few options I'd be interested in. As you can see I'm open to pretty much everything. I already have barrels in 7mm mag, 45-70 govt, 500 S&W, and a 50 cal black powder barrel so I'm not looking for those particular barrels. I prefer stainless but I won't turn down a blued barrel if it is one I want. Doesn't matter if they have iron sites, scopes or are scope ready. PM me with what you have and then we can go from there but don't try and sell me a used barrel for new barrel prices, if I'm buying it from a private individual then it is used regardless if it's been fired or not. I'm also looking for any suggestions in a case/cases for storing the extra barrels together if anyone knows of any place to find them or has any to sale or has any storage suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Willing to travel or meeting half way as I would prefer to do business face to face. I figured I would start here locally to see if anyone has any before I start looking else ware or just buying new. Thanks and looking forward to doing business with y'all.

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nobody has any that they want to part ways with?????? No muzzle loaders though. Thanks

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Ford, keep us in the loop on the storing ideal, I'm also looking for any suggestions in a case/cases for storing the extra barrels together if anyone knows of any place to find them or has any to sale or has any storage suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

maybe you could use pvc pipe for the ones without scope?

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Ford, keep us in the loop on the storing ideal, I'm also looking for any suggestions in a case/cases for storing the extra barrels together if anyone knows of any place to find them or has any to sale or has any storage suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Darn new barrels are higher then a cat's ass if you can find them, from my research they are running between $250.00 to over $300, the SS ones are on the higher end?

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    good luck on the 7.62x39 you will be paying much for that one, and don't even bother if you don't reload for it, as far as I have heard, they do not like surplus or mil spec ammo. I have a .223 bull 15" with a muzzle brake added to make it 16" so you can use it as a carbine , but I would have to have 220.00 for it.

PS: on the storage, I use the rifle socks and fold them inside out to double up for the pistol barrels.

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll definitely let y'all know what I come up with on the storage of extra barrels. I just like to try and keep all of my stuff together. It makes it much easier especially if I wanna change barrels while on a hunt without having to run to the house and back to the woods again or on a hunting trip.

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    good luck on the 7.62x39 you will be paying much for that one, and don't even bother if you don't reload for it, as far as I have heard, they do not like surplus or mil spec ammo. I have a .223 bull 15" with a muzzle brake added to make it 16" so you can use it as a carbine , but I would have to have 220.00 for it.

PS: on the storage, I use the rifle socks and fold them inside out to double up for the pistol barrels.

I'll do a little chewing on buying your barrel and the rifle socks are a good starting point. I also like "Hunkyfish's" idea on the poolstick case.

I have a 1650 Pelican case that I guess could be cut out to hold the gun and multiple barrels depending on scopes and all. Still in search though. Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it.

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    To the top again. If you got any you want to sell please PM me with what you got and asking price. Won't rule out any caliber. Let me know what you got. Thanks

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've used several of their knife cases for shorter barrels.
    Haven't seen any of their longer cases.
    http://shop.hafnerbags.com/INDIVIDUAL-KNIFE-CASES-KC103.htm

A few of my barrels.

There are less expensive alternative knife cases I've used too.
    I've got a two piece cue case, it's plenty long but not big enough for a scope too. Maybe a case for a butt and two shafts?
    I've got a "Cricket" youth rifle case that works well but is kinda long (32").
    I've seen cases for the "Ranch Hand" that are shorter (28").

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know it's an old post but I thought I'd revive it as I'm always in the market for new to me Encore items. To the top please.

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Still looking for barrels/full set ups as well. PM me with what you have. Thanks.

Top Bottom