• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Way too open that one... You got cheapos up to your 7-8 bill ones. I've got a TC ProHunter and an Austin & Halleck and both are fine weapons. I've had CVA's and upgraded. Since they are not an FFL required item, on line is a good source if no one on here can get ya one.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Are you looking for an in-line or a more traditional one ?
    I know all the young guys want the in-line but I like the older styled ones.
    But then, I grew up watching Fess Parker as Daniel Boone on TV.
    I've got a Thompson Center Hawken for sale but I'm supposed to meet up with a guy on Sunday.
    If he doesn't take it, I can contact you if you are interested.

Jimtom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Jason. I did that on purpose to get a wider selection. This would be my first muzzleloader. Maybe you can give me some advice on why not, to get a CVA or budget type muzzleloader.

Welldoya,
    I'd prefer inline. Thanks though.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CVA is OK, My 1st was a CVA and killed plenty of deer. Just like anything else, quality will cost more. I like aesthetics and the feel of a firearm when you shoulder it/pull the trigger...

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TC Omega is one of the best bang for your buck ML's out there if you ask me. Can be had on the used market pretty inexpensive. But the barrel is nice and tight and I can blast a 250gr slug into the same hole at 100 yards with it. With a ML, certain makes and brands have tighter barrels. TC tends to lean on the tighter side. Tighter means more accurate. But the trade off is that I can't get more than two shots off without swabbing the barrel. If I try to shove that third round down without cleaning, it ain't happening!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If it's your 1st, and if you've never shot one, I'd recommend the CVA. It is a very accurate rifle. Or even the one Hunkyfish has offered, it's just as good. It's not that expensive, and if you decide muzzle-loading isn't for you, you're not out too much on a re-sell.
    And if you have shot them and like them, and money isn't a problem, I'd go with the TC Encore or Prohunter (same frame). These are very versatile with barrel swaps, from 17hmr to 500S&W rifle barrels. Even Shotgun barrels. g/l

Top Bottom