• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heading out of the woods I noticed a guy on the side of the road surrounded by blood. I swear it looked like a scene from the walking dead. He was just laying on his side coughing up massive amounts of blood. Covered completely from head to toe and a huge spot all around him. I immediately called 911 cause I figured he got hit by a car. I could see he was still breathing but did not respond when I was talking to him. While on the phone with 911 he started making gurgling sounds and some frothy bloody shit started coming out of his mouth. His eyes looked as if they rolled back and I heard a deep breath and that was it, no more movement. Gotta hand it to Nassau County Sheriffs Dept. they were on the scene in less than 5 minutes and we were out in bumfuck. After a bunch of questions from the popo they finally let me go home. After I got home I had received a call from the SO so they could get some more info from me.I asked if it was a hit and run but they told me the guy was in some late stages of severe health problems.

Can't seem to get the image of that man's face out of my mind. RIP Guy, sorry my ugly mug was the last thing you got to see.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Damn! I can't imagine what kind of health problems would lead to that. Sucks you had to see it man, and not that it makes much of a difference, but at least he didn't go alone. Thanks for sharing.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    WOW, I cannot imagine. I have also witnessed death first hand, up close and personal and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It is something you won't forget. I feel for you FUGA and agree with Dan in saying you brought relief is some weird way to a dying man. Props for at least being there and for sharing. It makes me thank god that I didn't see that today.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FUPAGUNT
    Although you apologize for him seeing your as you say ugly mug at least he didn't die alone. A stranger you may have been. But you reached out to offer comfort to a man who obviously knew he didn't have much time left.

I'd rather have a total stranger reach out to offer me comfort, Then to lie by the roadside & die by myself.

Although this memory may bother you for awhile. I commend you and applaud your action. Unfortunately in today's times others may have just passed by.

Thank you for your kindness towards a stranger God Bless.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    WOW, I cannot imagine. I have also witnessed death first hand, up close and personal and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It is something you won't forget. I feel for you FUGA and agree with Dan in saying you brought relief is some weird way to a dying man. Props for at least being there and for sharing. It makes me thank god that I didn't see that today.

^^^^^ times 2. You never get "used" to it.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, hang in there Fupa.

When I was around 16 I went with my mom and step-dad to a New Years Eve party. About halfway through the night a friend of my mom's suddenly fell ill and dropped down onto the dance floor. Mom was a ICCU nurse and immediately ran over to help. I followed her. As mom was bent over her checking vitals the woman experienced almost exactly the same thing you described. Turns out it was a ruptured aeorta feeding into
    her stomach.

It stays with you. I know some members on here have seen battlefield deaths and I'm sure that's worse but ........it's disturbing.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like everyone said, good thing you were there to keep him from dying alone and stranded on the side of the road for God knows how long. You gave him comfort and ensured that he was returned to loved ones.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Never easy to watch someone die but you stepped up and kept him from dying alone. God Bless

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Justin,
    It was a good thing that you stumbled across this to call the proper authorities, and hate you had to witness it. Did you at least check his wallet before they picked him up? All kidding aside. Stay Focused Man!! And don't let it get you down!!!!!!

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a guy 2 weeks ago get in a car wreck on I10 about the loxely exit. I was the 2nd one to the car and he ended up not making it.... It will definitely make you think...

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After I got home I had received a call from the SO so they could get some more info from me.I asked if it was a hit and run but they told me the guy was in some late stages of severe health problems.

Did they say what it was? Did you have any physical contact with the guy? Is it anything that you have to worry about?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh Man, sorry for you and him, at least you were there and called or who knows what would have happened if the scavengers had got him. You did the human thing, good on you!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For all the local guys here, a co worker was one of the first on scene on the head on between a Mustang and a huge truck (size of a large u-haul) on Hwy 87 a few months back...two girls and a baby in the Mustang...which was traveling too fast for road conditions. One woman was ejected, baby seat was under the driver after impact...Only survivor was the driver. Baby girl passed a few weeks after accident from brain trauma. My co-worker told me they found the truck driver walking in the woods confused; it was a daylight accident. He had to dig the dirt around the face of the girl who died on life-flight as she was face down and others there thought she was dead...He told us when he called 911 he told them to send life-flight first...pretty shitty, now there is a memorial next to the road where it happened...I was about 5 minutes behind the accident on my way to work. The family of the victims kept my co worker up to date on the status of the little girl as thank you for his help...

Good on you FUPA...

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ugly mug or not, you were there and he did not pass alone. I can't think of anything worse than dying alone in the woods. Good on you and I hope it doesn't affect you too much.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've seen more than my share. Brothers, buddies, family. it isn't easy, and you get past it the best way you can.
    You were the right man for the job at the time. You did the right thing, and saw it through.
    Thank you for your service to this unknown man. It's more important than you might think. Tragedy met with human dignity says a lot about you.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the kind words fellas, it was definitely a life changing experience that's for sure. Can't stop thinking about the man's family. Such tragic news for them, especially during the holiday season. I almost didn't hunt that morning because the weather was so shitty, but now I am glad I did. Who knows how long he would have laid there if I didn't stop..

DragonSlayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good on you, bro. After 21 years in the fire service, I wish I could "unsee" some things. You definitely did the right (& humane) thing by calling for help and staying there. Thank-you.

Top Bottom