• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Less than a week away! How many of you guys (and girls) have been watching the SEC network?

Been watching SEC Network quite a bit since I'm stuck at home. Looks good so far, with a few exceptions like Finebaum, Jesse Palmer, and that former bammer QB. I forget his name but there's a body outline of him in Jordan-Hare Stadium from being sacked over and over.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did that work out in last years BCS...lets's see:

Oklahoma v Alabama
    Clemson v Ohio State
    Auburn v FSU

SEC 0-2
    ACC 2-0

Yup last year overwhelming success by the SEC is humbling...:argue:

Great opening week of football

UCLA v Virginia
    Arkansas v Auburn
    WVA v Alabama (both could start former FSU QBs)
    Clemson v Georgia
    LSU v Wisconsin
    FSU v Oklahoma St.

Heck of a way to start the year

Go Noles!

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did that work out in last years BCS...lets's see:

Oklahoma v Alabama
    Clemson v Ohio State
    Auburn v FSU

SEC 0-2
    ACC 2-0

Yup last year overwhelming success by the SEC is humbling...:argue:

Great opening week of football

UCLA v Virginia
    Arkansas v Auburn
    WVA v Alabama (both could start former FSU QBs)
    Clemson v Georgia
    LSU v Wisconsin
    FSU v Oklahoma St.

Heck of a way to start the year

Go Noles!

Well let's see here....you've got ACC vs SEC, ACC vs Big 10, and SEC vs Big12.....hmmmmm.....who exactly are you trying to convince here? The fact that FSU DECLINED an invitation to join the SEC in 1992 is very telling. And the ACC still plays no more than 2 tough regular season conference games per year, then a bowl game. No denying that is there?

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will give you lately LSU and Alabama have been on top - last year Auburn - Missouri and A&M are new comers and did pretty well. So what about the rest of the SEC - Nothing Special... Vandy had a good year...UF - can I say Ga Southern?

1992 ...I don't recall any official invite and by then we didn't want need the SEC - It Sucked...the 90s belonged to Miami and FSU....

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need I remind you the last time a Saban Alabama team played FSU they lost...Prior to the BCS the last time Aurburn was scheduled to play FSU they begged off...LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

All this is in fun I hope...NCAA football is a game played by kids - mostly 18 - 25 and is supposed to be fun....too much wrong lately..fans killing trees or worse fans

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will give you lately LSU and Alabama have been on top - last year Auburn - Missouri and A&M are new comers and did pretty well. So what about the rest of the SEC - Nothing Special... Vandy had a good year...UF - can I say Ga Southern?

1992 ...I don't recall any official invite and by then we didn't want need the SEC - It Sucked...the 90s belonged to Miami and FSU....

Last year FSU had a good team in a bad conference. They played Duke.....DUKE....for the conference championship. And you say the SEC was "nothing special".....LOL.
    As for you recalling 1992, there was an official invitation but FSU declined it to join the ACC. The whole reason was money. At the time the ACC basketball money was bigger than SEC football money, so the chose the ACC since they had an invitation to both. Good choice at the time for the money, but it cost FSU football respectability in the long run.

Understand, I have nothing against FSU. They had a good team in 2013 and we'll never know if they could have withstood an SEC schedule that included all the teams in one division plus two from the other division. All I know is that I keep hearing the SEC is over rated, but you don't see schools lining up to join do you?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need I remind you the last time a Saban Alabama team played FSU they lost...Prior to the BCS the last time Aurburn was scheduled to play FSU they begged off...LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

All this is in fun I hope...NCAA football is a game played by kids - mostly 18 - 25 and is supposed to be fun....too much wrong lately..fans killing trees or worse fans

Auburn did not "beg off". That was the year the SEC expanded and they had no room on the schedule for FSU. Check the won-loss records between FSU and the SEC schools. Auburn and FSU played some awesome games back when they played, I was at a couple of them and they were classics!

As for fans killing trees, only an ignorant inbred redneck bammer would do something like that, and I'm sure it would never happen......oh wait.....it did!!!!!!

I love college football, don't even watch the NFL unless the Saints catch my attention or the Raiders are doing well.

I don't give a rip about what any saban team did against anybody. My two favorite teams are Auburn and whoever is playing bammer!

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what teams were added when Tuberville said - NO THANKS to Bobby Bowden?

What's your point? As I recall Vandy had a breakout year, UF hired the Duke offensive coordinator and duke took A&M to the wire..52 - 48 and FSU had a much better result....who cares what the total history is..hell where was the SEC in the 90's...Aurburn included? 14 years - top 5 finishes and two NCS...just sayin. And when the towels went up in Pasadena - Auburn went away...I was there. Loved the last 13 seconds...spotted the kitty cats 21 and came back to win...whoohoo!

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what teams were added when Tuberville said - NO THANKS to Bobby Bowden?

What's your point? As I recall Vandy had a breakout year, UF hired the Duke offensive coordinator and duke took A&M to the wire..52 - 48 and FSU had a much better result....who cares what the total history is..hell where was the SEC in the 90's...Aurburn included? 14 years - top 5 finishes and two NCS...just sayin. And when the towels went up in Pasadena - Auburn went away...I was there. Loved the last 13 seconds...spotted the kitty cats 21 and came back to win...whoohoo!

What teams were added when Tuberville said-NO THANKS to Bobby Bowden? I have no idea. Tuberville didn't become head coach until 1999, the SEC expanded for the 1992 season by adding South Carolina and Arkansas. It was a time you probably don't remember.

As for BCS championships, Tennessee (a member of the SEC) won in 1998, FSU in 1999. The SEC dominated the rest of the way in the BCS.

Like I said, I have no problem with FSU winning. They won fair and square in a single game. I still personally doubt that they could be a dominant team in the SEC. They haven't even dominated the ACC.

As far as the history that you don't care about....well....you brought it up.

LOL

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am hoping Alabama has another great year.

You cant win them all and I get that.

They really need to improve their kicking game. Instead of having a 5th string running back that will never see the field on scholarship they need to pony up some one to grab a top kicker.

I think the qb situation will work itself out.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I remember that Auburn, with Terry Bowden as coach, scheduled a home and home with FSU for 1999 and 2000. Terry was booted and Tommy and Auburn backed out....nothing to do with expansion and everything to do with how difficult their schedule was and not wanting to add FSU to it.

As for the ACC we have won it 14 times since we joined...sounds pretty dominate to me.

White tail and college football - what the fall and winter are all about.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That seems entirely possible, and I do vaguely remember something about that situation, but I don't recall the details. Winning the ACC 14 times is exactly the reason FSU joined that league. Even Bobby B said he didn't want to be in the SEC because he didn't think they'd ever win a NC, and I really thought he was right at the time. Nobody could foresee what was about to happen in the BCS back then of course.

If things go well we could see a rematch at some point this year, but the odds are pretty slim. This whole fake playoff thing is set up to keep the SEC out, which, oddly enough was what the BCS was trying to do also. We'll see how this works out.

My feeling is that since the Power 5 have a degree of autonomy now we will have to suffer with the current system for 2-4 years and then the biggest 64 teams will merge into 4 conferences, 16 teams each, 2 divisions, a conference champ game. The 4 winners will be the top 4 seeds and have an 8 team playoff for a true champion. At that point the 4 conferences can tell the NCAA to pound sand and do what they want.

Big T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh yeah baby... Mediacom finally joined humanity and added SEC channel. Finally get to see some quality football. Poor Da Breeze.... da Tigers Rolled right through and took a bite out of that tide. lol

Top Bottom