• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some bama sour grapes. It appears strength of schedule is conveniently forgotten about when comparing W/L stats to BCS rating,
    Bama and fans are just experiencing a bit of what comes round, goes around. Its great to support your Team but die hard fans also know exactly how they played. IMHO

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what are 5 things you will never hear at auburn university?

5 wrastlins fake
    4 I am not that kind of girl
    3 beer is better than a fine
    2 all confederate monuments are a part of history and should remain
    1 home of the 16 time national champions football team

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm keeping track of the Bama haters for future reference.

Let me make my position clear. I have no problem or animosity towards UAT or the players or the coaches. It's a decent university and a great football program. I, and many others, simply cannot stand the UAT fans. They are the worst. WAR EAGLE!!!! (and please don't stop selling me guns)

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what are 5 things you will never hear at auburn university?

5 wrastlins fake
    4 I am not that kind of girl
    3 beer is better than a fine
    2 all confederate monuments are a part of history and should remain
    1 home of the 16 time national champions football team

How many National Championships again? Got a picture of all the trophies for those???? I didn't think so.....

1925: Myth

Alabama claims they "share" this one with Dartmouth. Who gave the Tide the title? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. Wait a second—this means 'Bama won their 1925 national championship using a formula that didn't even exist until 1927? The other title giver, Helms Athletic Foundation, wasn't founded until 1941. Hmm, another mind-blowing retroactive scam.

1926: Myth

Alabama claims they "share" this one with three other teams with equal or better records. Once again, it is the Helms Athletic Foundation (founded in 1941) that "gives" Alabama this title. But wait, this organization wasn't formed until over 15 years later, right?

1930: Myth

The Parke Davis poll says that 'Bama tied Notre Dame for the national championship this year, but this was the only poll to award it to 'Bama. Meanwhile, Notre Dame was named national champion in six different polls. I thought there could only truthfully be one champion, but I guess I was wrong. Interesting fact: Parke Davis is another retroactive system. He (an individual, not an organization) didn't create his system until 1933—three years after the fact.

1934: Myth

Alabama says they share this title with two other teams. The title givers this time are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was a fan—check that, fan—who came up with his own polling system. Williamson was a geologist who also came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus didn't even appear until 1946. Once again, 12 years later. Another title that should never have been claimed.

1941: Myth

One day, when I have children, I'll read about this one to them before bed each night. Fact is, it might as well be written in a book full of colorful pictures and fairy tales. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation this season with 14 teams having better records above them. Once again, it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards the Tide this title. Alabama finished third in the SEC that year, while Mississippi State won the SEC title. It completely baffles me that 'Bama claims a national title in 1941.

I'm sure in the future UAT will claim a few more.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Let me make my position clear. I have no problem or animosity towards UAT or the players or the coaches. It's a decent university and a great football program. I, and many others, simply cannot stand the UAT fans. They are the worst. WAR EAGLE!!!! (and please don't stop selling me guns)

Oh, I'll still sell you guns, and I'll still sell FrankT some coffee - but, the service and prices are going to change.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alabama fans think Auburn, LSU, and TN fans are obnoxious. TN fans think Alabama and Florida fans are obnoxious. And Auburn fans think Alabama, and LSU fans are obnoxious, etc....

Personally, I think all the banter is part of the fun during football season. Until people take that shit personally, and get their panties in a wad. That being said, all schools have those types of fans.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alabama fans think Auburn, LSU, and TN fans are obnoxious. TN fans think Alabama and Florida fans are obnoxious. And Auburn fans think Alabama, and LSU fans are obnoxious, etc....

Personally, I think all the banter is part of the fun during football season. Until people take that shit personally, and get their panties in a wad. That being said, all schools have those types of fans.

I can live with that......but everybody knows that bammers take pride in being singularly obnoxious.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It appears the Tide will get another chance to Roll to the championship...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It appears the Tide will get another chance to Roll to the championship...

interesting they would take the 3rd best team in the sec instead of the 1st in the Big 10 who played a much harder schedule, Wisconsin deserved it more than Bama even Central Fl deserved it more.. The 2 sec teams in the Natl Playoffs is wrong and will cause calls for expansion

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    interesting they would take the 3rd best team in the sec instead of the 1st in the Big 10 who played a much harder schedule, Wisconsin deserved it more than Bama even Central Fl deserved it more.. The 2 sec teams in the Natl Playoffs is wrong and will cause calls for expansion

Its all rigged how they give alabama another shot. When all the one team got dropped deep in the polls when the lost. But alabama go's to #5 and now back in it. And alabama don't even have a good team. But everybody wants alabama to play and win.

Top Bottom