HD Tactical

Who the heck is Captain Ron and what the heck is wrong with him?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I've heard very little about this guy and seen his website a while back. No one seems to have anything positive to say but few will actually say anything at all. Talked to a security guard at Baptist and was asking if they still do their firearms training with a guy named Bloechle in Allentown (My family and I have dealt with John Bloechle and we only have positive things to say about him and his business). The security guard mentioned a "Captain Ron" and said they don't use "that guy" and that he had been well known around these parts and has gotten "in trouble".

I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about. Who is this dude and what's wrong with him?

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I don't know him but I know Donna that shoots IDPA took a class from him and he did a trigger job on her G19. She said she liked his training but the first time she shot her G19 at a match (I was there) the gun rapid fired twice before the RO made her stop and put her gun away.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, only the facts. I took one of his "advanced" classes with a couple buddies of mine a few years ago. By advanced I mean we all had our concealed weapon permits and we're all proficient with firearms.(not that we were some tactical ninjas). We all had a good time and got to do a lot of different drills involving moving and some structures.You have to be able to distribguish between the good points and the BS. I could probably also say that all of our shooting improved throughout the class. Those are the FACTS. My OPINION Is that he has a couple screws loose, and I wouldn't necessarily want him training my wife/daughter.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Who uses the range out on Hwy 182 between between Chamuckla and Allentown. There is a sign out off the road that sez something to the effect of ......."Caution Shooting Range".

Just wondering if that was anybody that we "know". --- SAWMAN

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just call him up and ask him if your that concerned. When I first contacted Ron Via email with what i was looking for he was fast to reply and seemed to be very knowledgeable he also worked around my work schedule to provide my wife and I what we wanted. Regardless of his past i was satisfied with my one time experience. Im judging his service not his past! Good Luck with your intent.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ok, only the facts. I took one of his "advanced" classes with a couple buddies of mine a few years ago. By advanced I mean we all had our concealed weapon permits and we're all proficient with firearms.(not that we were some tactical ninjas). We all had a good time and got to do a lot of different drills involving moving and some structures.You have to be able to distribguish between the good points and the BS. I could probably also say that all of our shooting improved throughout the class. Those are the FACTS. My OPINION Is that he has a couple screws loose, and I wouldn't necessarily want him training my wife/daughter.
    That is an accurate assessment and consistent with my experience as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never took his class but I did buy a gun from him once. He had me meet him at a Waffle House and wanted to make the transaction in the bathroom. Wtf? He spent the next 30 mins staring at himself in the bathroom mirror drawing his gun and "instructing " me what to do in different situations. (Never asked to be "instructed" ) I finally had enough and said I had to run threw my cash on the bathroom sink , grabbed the gun and left. Fukkin weirdo if you ask me (that's a fact)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Lemme get this straight. You and Ron was in the bathroom in a WH together for 30 minutes. Was the door locked ?? The the handle ever jiggle ?? Did ya'll walk in at the same time ?? Did ya'll walk out at the same time ?? (Remember ....facts only or you will be banished to Jax.)

Weird .... JUST WEIRD !! --- SAWMAN

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OMG - el Capitain Ron! My favorite "poser"!

Facts- he claimed on his website to have trained with Navy Seals and other special operators, but a member here "outed" him as having DOR'd from navy dive school over in Panama City. He was a parachute rigger only in his 4 year enlistment in the Navy - skilled at operating a sewing machine...

He claimed on his website to be a Certified Florida Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, but a member here (oneshot) "outed" him by proving he was only allowed to "audit" the training course and since he wasn't an LEO - he couldn't be a FL LEO firearm instructor.

When queried by me as to who he had previously trained under himself - you know Gunsight or other we'll know schools/instructors - he finally admitted that his own training had been limited to watching various videos from folks like Massad Ayoob and other gun rag "experts".

His "range" is a one acre parcel in a clay/dirt pit owned by Jeff Ates in Santa Rosa County.

He has stated in posts that he believes a "real" zombie apocalypse will happen in the future - and that he is a descendant of Nephilim of the Bible (offspring of men and angels prior to the flood)...

If you are looking for someone local to the greater Pensacola area for excellent affordable firearms instruction - look no further than right here on the forum with member oneshot. The drive up to his place in Jay is well worth the time, gas, and effort.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Slightly off topic but maybe someone can clear it up,
    In the marines our riggers went through jump school, is that so in the navy?

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know what the issue was with ron's license.
    From what was made public about the resulting charges - seemed like some people were out to get him. I know some people are pretty hung up on making him sound like a bad guy.
    For what it's worth - I didn't like him for years - he has some rough edges and some personality issues.
    The good - I have seen him (in a matter of hours) turn novice shooters that couldn't even chamber a round into highly effective shooters capable of clearing jams and putting rounds on targets ....even under stress.
    His CCW class never exceeded 2 students so that he could properly instruct each student. With around 300 rounds fired from multiple firearms - each student left with an understanding of how to properly load, fire, and make safe anything they might encounter.
    I have seen some of the other CCW classes - and most don't come anywhere close to his in scope or effectiveness.
    I'd let him train my friends. Give him a call if you have concerns.
    i guess I value results more than "normal"
    I don't know anything about the advanced training he was/is offering.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't know what the issue was with ron's license.
    From what was made public about the resulting charges - seemed like some people were out to get him. I know some people are pretty hung up on making him sound like a bad guy.
    For what it's worth - I didn't like him for years - he has some rough edges and some personality issues.
    The good - I have seen him (in a matter of hours) turn novice shooters that couldn't even chamber a round into highly effective shooters capable of clearing jams and putting rounds on targets ....even under stress.
    His CCW class never exceeded 2 students so that he could properly instruct each student. With around 300 rounds fired from multiple firearms - each student left with an understanding of how to properly load, fire, and make safe anything they might encounter.
    I have seen some of the other CCW classes - and most don't come anywhere close to his in scope or effectiveness.
    I'd let him train my friends. Give him a call if you have concerns.
    i guess I value results more than "normal"
    I don't know anything about the advanced training he was/is offering.

I can assure you the charges brought against him were valid and not a personal attack. There was a state wide sting/check involving undercover dept of ag investigators. He most defiantly did not fulfill the hours required for the state g license course, and most defiantly struck people with a riding crop.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can assure you the charges brought against him were valid and not a personal attack. There was a state wide sting/check involving undercover dept of ag investigators. He most defiantly did not fulfill the hours required for the state g license course, and most defiantly struck people with a riding crop.
    Do you have info on the conviction?
    I have seen the riding crop - I'd call it a non issue for all but the most sensitive pansy.
    To be fair ....probably not something I'd do in a class of that nature...but nowhere near assault.
    Like i said - I never witnessed any of the other classes - just the CCW - which was very effective for newbies.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't lock this yet, It is getting to be fun reading all the stuff I had forgot about the last time around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom