• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at Osan Air Base in the Republic of South Korea when this happened. I just got finished issuing jet fuel to some A-10 Warthogs and I was on the fillstand, filling my truck back up with JP8 when the first plane hit. My boss came running out and grabbed me and we went back inside the building where I started watch the news. Shortly after, the second plane struck and the air base went on lock down. Crazy day that I will never forget. My thoughts and prayers go out to the 3000 some odd people that lost their lives and my heart goes out to all the families. Please never forget these brave men and women. God bless you all.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was pulling into the parking lot at UWF for my US History class. Sat in the car for a little while listening to the radio broadcast about it when it interrupted my radio station. Then came into my class and watched it on the TV in the classroom for a bit before the professor said, "go home and pray for everyone involved!".

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in 8th grade computer class. The school didn't tell us until the end of the day when it had all already happened. Kind of screwed up looking back, but for some reason they thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was in math class in 10th grade when I found out about it. All the school's TV carts were checked out that day and classes combined so we could all watch the news the whole day. No schoolwork was done.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sitting at home, saw it on TV....I thought it was a nationwide attack. All I had was a S&W revolver, .45 and a pump Sg, so I went out and bought a AK and 1k rnds, plus 1k rnds of .38, .45 and 500 rnds of OO buck, 3 cases of MRE and a NBC suit and gas mask.

Then I had to go get my oldest boy from school, it was his Bday and some classmates said it was his fault. He was devastated. Yep, today's his Bday.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    That was for sure one of those moments that you remember where you were.
    I had just dropped my son off at school and was headed to work when I heard it on the radio.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was on a plane flying to Kansas and we were told that a National emergency had just occurred and all flights in the US had been grounded, so we were landing at the nearest airport, that happened to be in Indiana, what a day!

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was putting up tree stands out in the boone docks and scouting for deer so I didn't know it happened.
    on the way home I stopped into a convenience store on Gulf Beach hwy to get something cold to drink.
    as I walked in the door 3 people who didn't notice me walk in was cheering and watching TV.
    I didn't think anything of it but took a glace at the TV as I headed for the cold section. things got weired as everyone scattered and the guy got back behind the counter and was nice when I checked out.
    So I go home , set in my chair and flip on the TV only to see the same thing those people were cheering about.
    it was a replay of the 2nd plane hitting the tower.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today is my mom's birthday too.

I wonder if she has the mixed emotions that my son has had since.....he got to where he didn't even want to celebrate( or even acknowledge), so we switched to the nearest weekend.

Anyway, Happy B'day to her.

bayonet_53

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was stationed in Kitzingen, Germany. I remember watching the news in the barracks when the first plane hit, and I thought what a horrible accident. Then the second plane struck and I knew we were under attack. RIP: 91101 91112.

NWFLYJ

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was on day 2 of a 8 day visit to the burn unit at USA Med center in Mobile after being in an explosion while working at a crude oil plant.
    I was in and out of a morphie trip when I saw the 2nd plane hit. For two more days I kept asking the nurse and the wife what movie we saw that had the planes hitting the towers. A good freind of mine was a LT with NYPD. He was flying one of the heli's that day. It really tore him up that he was not able to do more that day. Mark

Last edited:

merkinman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Driving to PCB got a call to come back to my shop now, I was like what's going on did forget something? No we are being attacked I was told to turn the radio! I started heading back to Destin when the customer call me to cancel his appointment, ask me how much extra ammo I had on hand? Told I was in good shape I had stocked up pre Y2K. Get another call from another tech asking if I could stop on the way back and buy as much ammo as I could from Wally World, cause FWB store was already out. The owner of our company calls asking for some too, I remember the shear panic and disinformation. Around noon we shut down for 3 days waiting for? All I had in the truck that day was 35 rounds of 45 and 25 rounds #2buck.

grouper22

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Onboard USS O'Kane (DDG-77). We just left a week long port visit in Thailand on our way to the Persian Gulf. Got the news and steamed 30kts to our launch position off the coast of Pakistan. We were not short on ammo in any respect.

BLKRinnyrdr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spraying cabinets at my shop in Pensacola. Not much work got done after #1 was announced.

my fathers Birthday as well. Happy 60th old man

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This day 12 years ago:

I was on vacation and taking my truck through the emissions check. I was fiddling around on the radio looking for the G. Gordon Liddy Show. I heard something about a plane hitting the WTC and nobody could figure out how the pilot hadn't seen it, since it was a severe clear day in New York. I knew something wasn't right, but couldn't put my finger on it until I got back home and turned on the news just in time to see the second plane hit. The first words I said out loud were, "We're at war and we don't even know it". We found out who the hijackers were within days. I thought I'd experienced hate before, but compared to that feeling, I'd been mildly annoyed.
    My Dad had been hijacked back in 1972. I knew EXACTLY what had happened on those planes before impact. Those pilots were dead long before they hit.
    A friend once asked my Dad what he'd have done if his hijackers had actually attempted to dive bomb the Oak Ridge Nuclear facility as they had threatened to do. My Dad, a very quiet and dignified man, without missing a beat said, "rolled that plane upside down and bounced those sumbitches heads off the ceiling." Then went back to helping wax my old Jeep. Times change. On September 11th, those pilots weren't offered a chance to do that. Those ragheaded mooselimb sumbitches weren't trying to get 10 million dollars or a free ride to Cuba. They wanted to kill Americans and embarrass this country. They did. But they also pissed us off. They brought us together and caused a rain of hell to fall over their world. It cost more American lives but it was the right thing to do. It's still the right thing to do and I still feel hate towards what they did to us. If soldiers were allowed to fight wars instead of lawyers and politicians in D.C., it would have been over in a month after it began and we'd have peace.
    One thing our politicians have never learned?
    If you're going to get into a fight, then you use every bit of force it takes to win it and end it. Make the enemy bow at your feet and beg for his life. Otherwise, there is no sense in fighting. Washington pussies made this country what it is now.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2nd year of college at WVU... I saw one of the towers burning on the big screen that was in the common area of the dorm but didn't pay any attention to what was going on. I walked to class and when I got there I was told class was canceled and that the campus was closed due to a terrorist attack, I thought that it was something going on at the school until I got back to the dorm and watched what was happening on the TV. I heard one of the planes went down in southwestern PA and tried to call my mom over and over to make sure everyone was ok but couldn't get through. I remember being scared, and then very angry.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in middle school.. I walked into class and turned on the TV while the teacher was in the middle of a lesson. She wrote me up then threw it away when she saw why I was doing it.

Top Bottom