HD Tactical

Where are y'all finding powder? Or are you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cookvette81

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From where I sit the word "shortage" doesn't describe the powder situation lol. I've been set up the "email me when in stock" option for several companies for quite a while now and haven't gotten a single email. I also check the local suppliers often and find nothing. I feel like Yukon Cornelius looking for silver and gold.... Dirt!

Any tips on how to locate powder? Or is this just a wait and watch game? A list of suggested companies to look at would be nice too, I may have missed a few.

Thanks guys,

Caleb Cook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Locally, Ubers has been the best. Ammo Sales has some but you'd better bring the bank because he's asking like $34.00 per pound. Stix has some from time to time too.

I put in a big order with Midsouth Shooters back in June because they will backorder it and ship the entire order when it arrives. It took 6 months for everything to come in but I was able to get 30 pounds of various powders and 5K primers all shipped for one Hazmat fee so it made it worth while.

What powder are you looking for? Maybe someone either has some or has seen some somewhere.

cookvette81

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Locally, Ubers has been the best. Ammo Sales has some but you'd better bring the bank because he's asking like $34.00 per pound. Stix has some from time to time too.

I put in a big order with Midsouth Shooters back in June because they will backorder it and ship the entire order when it arrives. It took 6 months for everything to come in but I was able to get 30 pounds of various powders and 5K primers all shipped for one Hazmat fee so it made it worth while.

What powder are you looking for? Maybe someone either has some or has seen some somewhere.

Is Ammo Sales online or local?

Primers haven't been a problem, midway USA has had them when I need them.

I'm mainly looking for the main food groups when it comes to pistol powders: bullseye, power pistol, unique.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alabama Shooters Supply will probably be at the Mobile gun show this weekend. He usually has a fair selection but stuff like Unique and Varget are scarce anywhere. He is in N. Alabama but I understand he does ship. (256) 974-3504

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey, do you still have some accurate powder laying around? Pm me on your asking price if you want

Think there is a pound of #9 left in the cabinet. Pretty much everything else pistol wise is gone. Will verify this afternoon.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at Styx River yesterday. They had some powder. The only thing that stuck in my head was an 8lb jug of H-110 and 4-5 lb. of 4064.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Frequent trips to the local candy stores. Jimmy's had Varget (4x 1 pound bottles) the other day. I had to pinch myself....but you can bet they are gone now.
    Ranger got in a restock and I picked up a pound of 296 to take my new 686 out on a ride.
    Like others say - Gunbot. I managed to score some Titegroup from Nachez the other day. SO at least I can keep on keepin' on with my 9mm

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    imr-4895 is scarce in supply locally and online, unless someone knows something I don't !!!???

Top Bottom