• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emerald Coast Concealment ( Jogan on the forum ) if you're looking for Kydex.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out FOX IWB HYBRID holster. If you go with it have them swap out the medal clips for kydex metal were sharp. It took a week and a little leather oil to break in, once it does it is very comfortable. The retention is great and keeps my shield very well concealed. $40 and mine has help up great for 3 years.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    come see me.....
    alottadamnkydex.jpg

Attachments

• alottadamnkydex.jpg
      alottadamnkydex.jpg
      260.2 KB · Views: 319

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can't go wrong with a crossbreed super tuck. Used them for years. Conceals well, not as easily put on as an emerald coast concealment holster though. But it really depends on how you wanna carry. Small of back, appendix, hip(3:00-3:30)?
    I wish I could, I think I several hours away from you.

I have been looking at a crossbreed

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

huntinman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can't go wrong with a crossbreed super tuck. Used them for years. Conceals well, not as easily put on as an emerald coast concealment holster though. But it really depends on how you wanna carry. Small of back, appendix, hip(3:00-3:30)? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Probably a 3:00 to 5:00 carry style. My 'abs' are too 'ripped' for an appendix style carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The CBST is a great choice then. Especially in the hybrid styles.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Another vote for Emerald Coast Concealmet. Worth the trip. Maybe set an appointment and take more than one gun or get some mag holders also.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the drone for the G43. I can make it and ship it. No need to drive over here. PM me for pricing....

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have several Kydex holsters, including a G43, from Stay Holstered. Most of mine I found in the less than $50 range, couldn't be happier

Stayholstered.com

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of all the ones I have tried from $5 to about $60, the most consistently comfortable and concealable have been:

Appendix Carry: Those cheap Uncle Mikes "mousepad" holsters. They are soft and comfortable and ride the weapon high enough that even a 5" Auto can be carried up front with a reasonable amount of comfort.

4:00: I mostly use the leather wallet-style ambidextrous holsters for this position. It holds it just loosely enough to allow the gun and holster to "give" a bit when you sit (unlike hard dinner-plane kydex and hybrids), while still offering good concealment properties due to the low carry and good forward cant. I have carried several full-sized pistols in this position with this older over the last few years (Glock 21, Glock 17L, and a 1911) with minimal wardrobe effort.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As others have said. Go see Jogan. He can make what ever style you like or help you figure out what you need.

Please don't carry appendix in a soft Uncle Mike's holster. Really don't carry anywhere in a soft generic Uncle Mike's but especially not appendix. Accident waiting to happen imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've gotten comfortable with a compact N8 Squared. As a lefty I have it at my 8-9 o'clock. Feels good when carrying something the size of a Glock 19 but heavenly when carrying something like a G26 or M&P Shield.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emerald Coast Concealment ( Jogan on the forum ) if you want quick on and off.
    I have to say that a Crossbreed Super Tuck Delux is the most comfortable for all day wear IF you get a good gun belt and not something stretchy. Yes, most department store leather belts stretch and you will be adjusting all day.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alien Gear :)
    But honestly don't use it much, only for winter/jacketed carry,
    as Thunderwear and Smartcarry offer total year-round concealment,
    and I prefer to be as invisible as possible until needed.

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fletch, why, specifically, do you say that?

I've been jogging, hiking, and mountain biking with these holsters for years, and on more than one occasion literally crashed amd tumbled down small hills and crevaces, and never had a pistol shift or ride out of either of these holsters in either position.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Fletch, why, specifically, do you say that?

I've been jogging, hiking, and mountain biking with these holsters for years, and on more than one occasion literally crashed amd tumbled down small hills and crevaces, and never had a pistol shift or ride out of either of these holsters in either position.

I've seen videos where a gun (I think it was a Glock) was fired while inside one of these cheaper nylon holsters. They are so flexible that something can deform the fabric enough that the trigger can be depressed.

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know of such instances as well. Every example I have seen was really from careless holstering resulting in material getting pinched in front of the trigger. This has happened in both soft synthetix and leather holsters. The belt clip sits in front of the trigger on both of my examples. An actual foreign object would literally have to go through the clip, belt, and pants before it could reach the trigger.

Top Bottom