• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Tested pulled Barnes 110gr blacktip 300 Blackout bullets. Bottom line: IF the plastic tip is snug in/against the copper bullet they shoot same as factory, never pulled bullets. IF the plastic tip is sticking out and you can't push it back flush, the group size increases about 30% (still would be OK for practice). About 1 in 20 have the tips sticking out from flush. Cost savings is about 60% over factory bullets.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picked up a FAL and a m1 garand today. Family price. Pics in rifle section in next couple of days as I return from vacation. Both of them look damn near new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I loaded up another 100 rounds of 38SC last night. That gives me almost 300 as backup for this weekend's match. I need to load a couple hundred more before next Thursday.

I sold 2500pcs of 38 Super yesterday as well. Those are going in the mail today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Shook the dust off the competition rig last night and went thru some dry fire drill with the timer. My times weren't bad on draw/aim and reloads, interested to see what the paper will look like this afternoon at the range. Something like this I'm sure...
    a4de78ef98b0da4f287309175eba4012.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picked up a FAL and a m1 garand today. Family price. Pics in rifle section in next couple of days as I return from vacation. Both of them look damn near new.

Crappy pics are up

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold the XDS this morning.

Now trying to choose between two options - buy a 1911 for USPSA single stack or another Tanfo Stock 2 for production backup...

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got this 22 45 target back a few years. Didn't realize at the time. This was the molded grip lower, you can't change grips. I came across an article about cutting / sanding the crappy one off. Drilling and tapping to fit 1911 grips. So after rooting around the parts drawers, here she is. I will try some of bobs steel challenge stuff at bullets and bones with it. Volkerson trigger on the way. (Your correct dan1612, "the projects never end"). Lol
    466a5b983046b3e3566a6be3e3a20dcc.jpg
    4b60c24600f8eb8d69261d94e4bcb6c4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ That looks great! Damn, now I might need one to suppress and race. Hmmm, and steel challenge is SOOO much fun!!!
    Ugh. Here we go...

Last edited:

B☢MadDogZ☢

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went out to ERGC today My wife and I got our AR's dirty and my G23. Met a guy out there talked bout guns and stuff and he let me shoot his AK pistols he had. It was fun, now I'm spending some time on this forum. lol

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I spent way too much on some "match pants" yesterday afternoon after checking the forecast for this weekend in Shreveport. Low of 47 Friday night and 50 on Saturday with highs in the 70's. Great shooting weather, but I'm not happy with the Carhartt's I've been wearing during cold weather matches. I decided to go with some North Face convertible pants.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pants? Ah come on man, that is perfect weather! I'd wear my shorty shorts if it wouldn't elicit so many cat calls!

Ran out 100 rounds in the Stock 2, sights are on, gun is stupid accurate when I do my part.

Interestingly enough, at the indoor range I noticed the ceiling baffles had quite a few bullet strikes... wondering to myself how the hell that happens, well I found out. Late teen's or early 20's gal with her father? were shooting two lanes down from me, started with a 22lr then switched to a 9mm. Heard the gentlemen say something about a 22lr penetrating right through human, but these kind of 9mm rounds won't. Well turns out they sure won't pass through a steel baffle either, they tried at least 3 times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom