• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Cutting it close! I thought i was about to go a whole day without touching a gun, so I opened the safe and had a moment.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I posted some things for sale, sighted in my Tanfo, loaded up enough .40 ammo for the match on Saturday, and started cleaning up my reloading/work bench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    purchased a limited blaster so I can join the fun. should be getting it in the middle of the week. dusted off the Dillon and ready to crank up new recipe.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    purchased a limited blaster so I can join the fun. should be getting it in the middle of the week. dusted off the Dillon and ready to crank up new recipe.

Very nice! Jogan just bought one, too, cause he's jealous of me. You going the 2011 route?

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    awesome! It is only logical for me to go the 2011 route since I will still dip in single stack or CDP divisions once in a while. you got great deal on that Tang from Brad at enos. I went with the STI DVC in 40. what did Jogan get? maybe we can shoot in the near future again.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    awesome! It is only logical for me to go the 2011 route since I will still dip in single stack or CDP divisions once in a while. you got great deal on that Tang from Brad at enos. I went with the STI DVC in 40. what did Jogan get? maybe we can shoot in the near future again.

Those DVC's look sweet. I didn't realize you could find them in stock anywhere yet.

I got my Tanfo from a member on here. Jogan grabbed a Tanfo similar to mine, but not nearly as cool.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Those DVC's look sweet. I didn't realize you could find them in stock anywhere yet.

I got my Tanfo from a member on here. Jogan grabbed a Tanfo similar to mine, but not nearly as cool.

it is a very long wait from STI. most dealers no longer accept backlog. my best bet was a small dealer in the small town of ND haha. found one and snatched it. I overpaid a little but that is to be expected kind of like the Colt LE6920 a couple years back. I like those Tanfos too. great ergo and very capable.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Lately, I have been trying to get the 602 clone to look a little more correct. I got one of the pivot pins from Nodak Spud and I just got in a nice dimpled takedown pin. It looks a lot better now. Here are a couple shots of the receiver.

And of the 602

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lately, I have been trying to get the 602 clone to look a little more correct. I got one of the pivot pins from Nodak Spud and I just got in a nice dimpled takedown pin. It looks a lot better now. Here are a couple shots of the receiver.

And of the 602

Hey Tackleberry,

What is the purpose of the roll pin behind the takedown pin? Is that an older style buffer retention?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Hey Tackleberry,

What is the purpose of the roll pin behind the takedown pin? Is that an older style buffer retention?

The hole at the rear where the receiver extension (buffer tube) screws in, early type tubes were screwed in then this hole was drilled through the lower and the tube threads and a 3/32" roll pin was inserted to lock the tube to the lower. On the Nodak Spud 601 lowers, they drill the hole and insert the roll pin for correctness, but the roll pin does not serve any purpose other than aesthetic correctness.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The hole at the rear where the receiver extension (buffer tube) screws in, early type tubes were screwed in then this hole was drilled through the lower and the tube threads and a 3/32" roll pin was inserted to lock the tube to the lower. On the Nodak Spud 601 lowers, they drill the hole and insert the roll pin for correctness, but the roll pin does not serve any purpose other than aesthetic correctness.

Ah. Thanks for the info! Those rifles look great, btw!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Changed out the hand guard on a rifle, removed the A2 post and installed a low pro gas block. I thought I was going to keep this one stock but...nope.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got my shipping notice on some new race gun accessories. Should have everything by Friday. Just in time to unwrap it all and pack it up in the truck for the match on Saturday! Just kiddin, Jeep. I'll be shooting the CZ Sat just to be safe....lol

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All this talk about shooting matches and stuff sounds great. .......but after my gun stuff today with a 12, 9, 8 and 4 year old my bank is broke lol. They just aren't happy with the 22lr anymore

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Changed out the hand guard on a rifle, removed the A2 post and installed a low pro gas block. I thought I was going to keep this one stock but...nope.

Where are the pics???

Got my shipping notice on some new race gun accessories. Should have everything by Friday. Just in time to unwrap it all and pack it up in the truck for the match on Saturday! Just kiddin, Jeep. I'll be shooting the CZ Sat just to be safe....lol

Boo!!!

Top Bottom