• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    That is a happy boy Jake! Congrats.

I got in some 410 2.5 inch brass and some 9.3x74R brass to play with in my Comanche 45/410 single shot pistol. Gonna wildcat that 9.3 to a 11.4x74R and see if I can hit 45/70 type loads from the cheap pistola!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can shoot 9.3+4R in our supers, didn't know that!!!!! I have yet to shoot any 45 long colt but, will soon. Still my favorite boat gun!!!! Denny

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to the range after work, ran through about 200 rounds using my timer to practice for next months IDPA qualifier. I nearly cut my single handed shooting times in half vs what I shot at the qualifier, and figured out the POA that works at 20 yards... Was a productive outing :)

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After shooting about 200 rounds yesterday, I figured out that Recluse's 45-45-10 tumble lube formula ain't for me. Spent 2 hours cleaning lead out of the Glock and the Dan Wesson. Glad I didn't get rid of the lubesizer.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Best wishes for speedy recovery Garpo.

Thanks, I miss it already. It's one of the best shooting pistols I own - accurate, feels good in my hand and has a very nice trigger. Had to send it back because the mag would drop while firing. I may start looking for a SR45. :madgrin:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I totally dissambeled a rifle today and sold it piece by piece on ebay. hate to do that but no interest here and get way more for them by piece anyway.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    You can shoot 9.3+4R in our supers, didn't know that!!!!! I have yet to shoot any 45 long colt but, will soon. Still my favorite boat gun!!!! Denny

You cannot. You have to start with the 9.3 as a parent case, fire form it to the chamber as the 11.4x74R wildcat and then start the load development. I plan to do it with black powder, hence the goal is an equal load to the original .45/70; with the 405 grain bullet from Buffalo Bullets as the pill.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went up to fort Rucker,AL and shot with 12 other people on their pop up target range. We shot 9200 rounds between us all. It turned out to be a great day. Finally got that elusive 40/40!!! We used old M-16A2's and iron sights. But by god it was fun. At the end it was a free for all. We all were qualified and we still had like 8500rds. So we just started shooting at that point. Found out burst is pretty accurate to about 150yds.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Started a personal project for converting the Reloader's Reference software to a more usable web-based application. Converted the databases over from Access to MySQL. Now I have to put together the display code.

And I remelted all those 38 and 45 bullets I had lubed with 45-45-10 and recast them for my 45/70 and made up another batch of real lube.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been trying to give someone a good deal on a side charge upper so far this morning...

I plan on working up some 147gr 9mm test loads this evening to chrono this weekend, if the weather will hold out.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up another 1000rds of 22lr from Academy. Hoarding up alittle for a future AR15-22 build I should be starting soon.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent a years worth of saveing or a months of my ssi on two guns. XDs 45 and a Taurus SS pt 1911 I better like them. Maybe I can shoot them tomorrow.

Top Bottom