• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I loaded up 100 more rounds of 45ACP last night for the IDPA match on Saturday, then I put together an AR pistol for my boss. The FOP range is booked by the Daphne PD today, but I'm going to swing by on my way home to see if they're gone so I can function test it before I give it to him.

I also saw that I'll have to shoot the 625 left handed at the match, so I'll be doing some left handed dry-firing this evening.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AIM Surplus had a good price on a 4150 mid length barrel so I ordered one of those. Got a birthday coming up so I'm gonna get my hand guard and gas parts to finish it up then.

Hopefully TennJeep will let me use his vise and bench to get it out together.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    AIM Surplus had a good price on a 4150 mid length barrel so I ordered one of those. Got a birthday coming up so I'm gonna get my hand guard and gas parts to finish it up then.

Hopefully TennJeep will let me use his vise and bench to get it out together.

Of course. I'll also be happy to drink a beer and supervise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ordered a threaded extended conversion barrel and some 10-8 Precision sights from LWD and a small crap ton of pistol munitions

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I did a little work on my XM177E2 today. When I built it a little over two years ago, I had overlooked a few things. One was that I put an A2 port door on it instead of an A1. Also, I had the castle nut on backwards, had a glossy black endplate, and the trigger guard was black. So, I changed out the port door, flipped the castle nut around, changed out the endplate, and made the trigger guard look more like XM Grey. While I was at it, I distressed the finish on the receivers a little more.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Damn nice, how many 1911s do you think have gone through your possession?

Way too many! Don't have enough play money to keep them all. In fact, I've been debating letting one go to buy a couple of Suppressors, but I have to set up a trust first, and I have no idea which one to set free, so until it's time to pony up, we can dance.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you buy mainly used ones or new? Seems like with how often your are selling/trading that you would be losing quite of bit of money every time you did this, or do the high end ones hold their value since they are harder to get used so maybe you don't have to lower your price but just a little from retail to sell them?
    Or is it just the price you pay on the never ending quest to find your perfect weapon?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Do you buy mainly used ones or new? Seems like with how often your are selling/trading that you would be losing quite of bit of money every time you did this, or do the high end ones hold their value since they are harder to get used so maybe you don't have to lower your price but just a little from retail to sell them?
    Or is it just the price you pay on the never ending quest to find your perfect weapon?
    I buy both new and used, but I shop around and don't usually pay full retail for new stuff. I like to shoot different things, and like any other hobby, there's expense involved. Good 1911s do hold their value better than anything else I've ever owned, except for Colt revolvers, but I still take hit because I'm usually excited and after something in particular and want to do it quickly. Time is money. I never buy anything with the intent to sell it, but then I get bored with it and there's aways something super cool out there that I have to have. I like the fun of getting new and exciting stuff. I used to do that with women, then cars, and now it's guns. And I have to say that overall, in the long run, guns are the cheapest of them all. ;)

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With cars and guns I just have to own everything once but have at least slowed down on the vehicles part which is costly as hell. If you could lease guns for a couple weeks I'd be the first signed up.

It is a lot about the deals. I picked up an XDS a while ago at $440 shipped. People are selling them for $550-600 which blows my mind. I generally don't buy unless there is a deal and I do think resale before I do buy/do something to a gun. I've learned with my Jeep though that adding bumpers/winch/35s/lift that I will get $0 when I trade it in and hobbies cost money.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got some of the interiors finished for my suppressor, 308 baffles and end pieces. Did a stainless steel loop wire to hold the 308 set. Finished the 358 set with a loop wire marked 358. The loops will let me hang them inside a cabinet or on a wall. I still have to build the 224 set, I have the 1/2 x 28 end cap, just need to drill and dress the baffles. When finished I will have a .224, .264, .308 and a 358 suppressor.

Did not go up to the farm this morning, was 37 degrees this AM, so will wait until tomorrow as it will be close to 50 predicted tomorrow AM.
    Ed

Top Bottom