• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    He and I have been friends for 12 years now. We worked together for DHS for almost ten years until I left. We have made a point to keep in contact and talk frequently. When it comes to gun stuff, I am his "go to" guy. He asked me a few years ago to build an AR for him and I told him I would be glad to help him out. So, last year around Thanksgiving, he made a step an purchased a stripped lower from one of the guys on GCGF. Shortly afterwards, he came over and we went through a lot of vendors on the internet and sourced out all the stuff he would need for the build. I went through my parts box and found the stuff I could donate to the build. All I needed was a few lower receiver parts and I got those from some nice people for nothing. He did his thing and ordered all of the stuff he had on the list and it has recently come in. Now, he is ready to have his first experience in building an AR. I am glad to be a part of it. I will elated when we get it out and test it and I see a big smile on his face.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Just ordered 200 rounds of surplus Greek M2 Ball ammo from the CMP for my Garand, M1903, and M1903A3. I was running low. I only have a couple thousand rounds on hand right now.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I ordered the pieces and parts for my suppressor build, under my Form 1 permit, SDTA did not have the stainless spacer 1.35 reinforcement tubes in stock. Got notice this morning they have the tubes in, so ordered my spacer tube stock this morning. Now I can finish my build after the Form 1 is approved.
    Ed

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When I ordered the pieces and parts for my suppressor build, under my Form 1 permit, SDTA did not have the stainless spacer 1.35 reinforcement tubes in stock. Got notice this morning they have the tubes in, so ordered my spacer tube stock this morning. Now I can finish my build after the Form 1 is approved.
    Ed
    About how much is it to build one? I'm completely clueless so I'm guessing it's not a kit... you have to thread it and weld everything together yourself?

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    1e9eb24c5f77ba40ecabcd675a6c6b9d.jpg

Spent a pile of money at TGD yesterday for stuff for my .300BO build... truth be told, one of the items I bought was labeled wrong, way below cost. Dave honored the price. he didn't have to, but he did. I appreciate it man.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, my friend made it over today with his boxes of goodies. Another friend of ours joined us for the build. Everything went well with the exception of a couple things. The bolt release was out of spec as was the endplate on the buffer tube. Fortunately, I had spares and got that remedied. He went with a BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Barrel (stripped), Midwest Industries low profile gas block, Midwest Industries 12" SS Gen 2 handguard, LaRue Tactical A-PEG pistol grip, LaRue Tactical R.A.T. stock, mil-spec buffer tube assembly with H2 buffer, LMT 2-Stage trigger, Anderson Arms lower receiver, STAG ARMS LPK, STAG ARMS upper receiver (complete), BCM GUNFIGHTER Compensator MOD 0 - 5.56, BCM GUNFIGHTER Ambidextrous Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod A44 (Ambi), AIM Surplus Nitride coated M16 BCG, and MAPUL MBUS front and rear sights. Looks like we will get to the range with it next Sunday. He is now a happy camper.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Shot the Orlando GSSF over the weekend. Prelims posted today.

Shot in 4 divisions

Guardian (Glock 17) 86.29 finish 12 / 49 - Seems I was still waking up or trying to shoot at IDPA speed.
    Competition (Glock 41) 94.21 (posted @ 92.0 - correction sent) 61 / 188 - could not seem to tame the 41 that weekend
    Heavy Metal (Glock 21) 73.21 finish 10 / 52 - first amateur pending any score corrections
    Master Stock (Glock 17) 73.57 (posted @ 75.78 - correction sent) 21 / 42 pending score corrections.

Looking forward to Griffin

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Swapped some scopes around on 3 of my hunting rifles and went to ERGC to zero them. Steyr Pro Hunter 30-06, Weatherby Vanguard S-2 .270, Savage Axis .308,
    Out of the 3 rifles, the cheaper the rifle, the tighter the groups. Go figure ??? Trigger or Trigger finger ???

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well...thought I lucked up on a Remington bucket a 22lr for $69 shipped. Order confirmed and email sent, only to receive another a few minutes ago stating they had a glick in the website and the in stock was actually still on back order. Dangit...would I like for them to hold my 70 bucks until it becomes in stock...Uh No. Email replyed.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Scored a worlds finest trimmer for 300BO for 20.00 shipped. Also bought a 20" heavy profile 5.56 barrel for a "varmint" upper build. Should be finishing up my BO build this weekend. Can't wait to go shoot it and start finding the sweet loads for it.

Doc

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I built my FDE lower last night. I can't decide if I want to keep the UBR stock on it, though. I love the features and the way it works, but I built this rifle to be pretty lightweight and the UBR is heavier than most "normal" stocks.

I ended up trading my only spare bcg yesterday, so I stole the Rainier NiB carrier from my 6.8 and ordered a new bcg this morning from AIM.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I finally got to do a little renovation work on my Recce build. I had a Radical Firearms 16" mid-length barrel on it, but it was not giving consistent accuracy, so I decided to replace it. I went with a Compass Lake Engineering Recon 16.1" [Douglas Stainless (polished) 1:8 twist] barrel w/ mid-length gas system, Wylde .223 chamber, and matching bolt. I also installed a Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Low Profile Gas Block (.750), Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Mid-length Gas Tube and Roll Pin, and a Advanced Armament Corp. Non-Mount Blackout Flash Hider. I just need to get it to the range now.

Upper Receiver:
    New Frontier Armory Billet Upper Receiver (TGD Firearms)
    Compass Lake Engineering Recon 16.1" [Douglas Stainless (polished) 1:8 twist]
    barrel w/ mid-length gas system, Wylde .223 chamber, and matching bolt
    Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Low Profile Gas Block (.750)
    Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Mid-length Gas Tube and Roll Pin
    AIM Surplus NiB M16 Bolt Carrier
    Advanced Armament Corp. Non-Mount Blackout Flash Hider - 1/2x28
    BCM Gunfighter MOD 4 charging handle
    Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK Series One Piece Free Float Handguard, 15-inch Rifle (MI-SSM-15) (black)
    MAGPUL M-LOK Rail Panels (Stealth Grey and Black)
    MAGPUL MBUS Gen 2 Front & Rear Flip-up Sights (black)
    Harris Bipod BRM
    MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount
    VORTEX VIPER PST 1-4x24 TMCQ MOA scope
    VORTEX/American Defense RECON-X 30mm QD mount

Lower Receiver:
    C3 Defense Billet Lower Receiver
    GEISSELE Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) trigger
    KNS Precision Gen.2 Mod.2 Non-Rotation pins
    MAGPUL B.A.D Lever - Battery Assist Device
    MAGPUL Trigger Guard (black)
    BCM Stock Mounting Kit (Mil-Spec)
    LaRue Tactical R.A.T. Stock (black)
    LaRue Tactical A-PEG Pistol Grip (textured, black)

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I picked up my new scope for my 22lr bolt gun at lunch today. I was sitting in line at Arby's, trying to get the darn box open, holding it sideways.... only to find out too late that it was full to the brim with packing peanuts.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built my FDE lower last night. I can't decide if I want to keep the UBR stock on it, though. I love the features and the way it works, but I built this rifle to be pretty lightweight and the UBR is heavier than most "normal" stocks.

I ended up trading my only spare bcg yesterday, so I stole the Rainier NiB carrier from my 6.8 and ordered a new bcg this morning from AIM.
    Need to see some pics.

Was out in my work room drilling out a stuck gas block and saw some extra OD green paint from when I painted a handguard and thought about doing a pine straw job on it. We will see how bored I am tomorrow on my day off.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Need to see some pics.

Was out in my work room drilling out a stuck gas block and saw some extra OD green paint from when I painted a handguard and thought about doing a pine straw job on it. We will see how bored I am tomorrow on my day off.

I'll try to take a few picks in the next day or two. As soon as I finished it, I stuck it in the safe and went to bed... It's been a busy last few days.

Top Bottom