Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unlocking Safety – Exploring Biometric Gun Technology

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just gonna drive up the price of the already increasingly unaffordable. Good intent assumed for conversation, that's just more pricing the public out of owning/using firearms.

How would a smart gun be any more safe than one with a mechanical safety? Just sounds like another government-sponsored gimmick to me. Once government gets involved, credibility and trust decline.

Like electric vehicles, or whatever, if there's a demand, then target/sell to that crowd. But, don't try to artificially create/force a market, either.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    unreliable=unsafe. all just another way to take guns and the freedom of choice out of citizens hands. imagine if big brother has the power to just lock them out? i'll stick with good old "dumb, unsafe" reliable regular guns.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Probably along the lines of my thinking on smart cars. After you get hit by an SUV, tell me how smart you are lol. Shamelessly stolen from Jay Leno.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    unreliable=unsafe. all just another way to take guns and the freedom of choice out of citizens hands. imagine if big brother has the power to just lock them out? i'll stick with good old "dumb, unsafe" reliable regular guns.
    I suspect that "lock out" capability is a long-term desire. The proof of concept can be seen in the desire/ability to shut down a vehicle from a distance, and the constant drumming about building that capability into new vehicles highlights that more than one somebody/agency needs/wants that capability. Just one more thing that 99%+ will have to endure/pay for/suffer because of a miniscule number. Nope. Not a supporter.

Blobfisher

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the technology improves, I think it will be good for new potential gun owners that think it will be unsafe to have a gun at home. Give them some peace of mine and eases them into the world of shooting. I won’t be purchasing one, but as long as they’re not mandatory at any level, I don’t see why they shouldn’t be sold to the folks that want them.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Not just no, but hill no. I still don't know all the features that are on my smart phone, smart TV, yada, yada, yada. What is the purpose? Is the main purpose to disarm dumb folks like myself from self defense?

901Tiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Smart Guns require batteries. I will not put my safety or the safety of my family to the Energizer Bunny! Also, they won't work after an EMP attack.

Top Bottom