• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen a few folks mention other hobbies outside of firearms so I thought I'd see if there was any interest in a thread. Maybe some more connection can be made. I'll give it a try.

I enjoy playing music with my buddies and brother every weekend at my house. I'm usually on bass but always enjoy playing acoustic guitar and occasionally pick up the electric. We are far from pro but we have a great time. We converted a shed into a "club house/studio". We ran power,lights, a/c, dedicated outlet switches for the amps, mini fridge, computer, etc. Its still evolving. Its not always about playing music. A lot of times we get in to some great (and sometimes not so great) conversations. Occasionally we incorporate a cookout. I look forward to it all week long.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nope. All I do is chew gum, talk guns and argue politics.

I work on cars. Not so much a hobby because I don't really enjoy it...
    In fact shooting isn't really a hobby since I feel it's messecary to defense(does one consider running or eating a hobby) and also it's job related.
    Me and my son have a impressive aray of Legos. I build them, he takes them apart. It's a good deal.
    Once or twice a month I meet up with a some like minded individuals and we go downtown and pretend we are 21.

Besides that not a whole lot of hobbies.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish I could pull off pretending to be 21. That train left the station a long time ago. I'm glad you enjoy time with your kid. Thats the most important thing. Mine was into Lego's too.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The big secret is I like Legos more Han he does.
    And the other secret is for every night I pretend to be 21, It takes 29 days to recover,...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rc airplanes as everyone probably knows, and I really enjoy house projects. Remodeling, upgrading, stuff like that. Im starting to get into a little upcycling of old furniture but strictly for my own use. Used to be really big into aquariums and I'll probably be getting back into it as soon as I get to the point on my house where I can set one up permanently. I used to be into cars big time but 13 years in the business really burned me out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I used to be really into Jeeps, but that waned after I left Tennessee. I inherited an older Camaro last year that's in pretty rough shape, and I'm looking forward to start working on it.

I enjoy taking photos and have a pretty darn nice camera for it. It also does video and I've tried to start filming videos for YouTube a time or two, but it always seems to take too much time. So for now, most of my YouTube videos come from my GoPro.

I enjoy hunting and archery, but I haven't done either of those in the last year or more.

I also enjoy BEER!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ooops, forgot gawking at women. I look at that less like a hobby and more along the lines of breathing.

If I ever get past the house thing and get the urge I would like to do a Jeep from the ground up. I'm waiting for JakeC to get caught by a jealous husband or some such and leave me his in his will.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Besides guns, I like knives and other edged and pointy items. I used to fish a lot more and am trying to get back into that. Recently brought a little bay boat for retirement and looking forward to fishing during the quiet weekdays! I like grilling and smoking, have a great cast iron smoker that turns out some great smoked goodies when I have a reason to fire it up.

Used to ride motorcycles, for almost 40 years, but recent events and the worsening drivers made me give that up. Like to hunt again when I retire, but will have to see.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sean,don't do a jeep. everyone has a jeep. Rarely does someone have a galendawagon.....

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean,don't do a jeep. everyone has a jeep. Rarely does someone have a galendawagon.....

That would work but I'll need to borrow a couple of bucks Max, say about $100K.:first: Seriously though, there are some alternate off road vehicles I wouldn't mind messing with. I just don't want to do showy, don't let it get dirty or scratched toys anymore.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    About 18 monthes ago I saw a early 80's Martin 300gd(maybe 280gd), which is a diesel 4 door had some rust on the fenders, nothing to bad. Was outside of tallahasse and was less than 10,000(can't remember the exact number).

There's German army surplus on ebay from time to time. Is it more expensive than a jeep? Yes. Is it fairly unique? I think so. Can you get them dirty?
    Despite a reputation for the ultra rich, Mercedes are tanks(especially from the 80s). The German army beats the piss out of those things.

Il give you 50$ if fletch does the Baja in a 70s vw bug

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fishing wouldn't be considered a hobby would it? Aside from being physically active and spending time outdoors, I'm becoming very into diy home activities. Also just shooting my bow, working out, cleaning, recently making a huge load of photo albums. Guess those count as something.

BruceWayne

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoy riding mountain bikes. I used to do some amateur racing but work has taken over any such training routine. Then recently I started going back to church and have really enjoyed it. I work a lot so not much time for hobbies these days.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My other love is my motorcycle. Who needs a therapist when you can ride!
    I'm getting back into little wood projects.
    I also like doing obstacle courses and 5K fun runs. Those are getting harder as the years pass by.

Last edited:

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fishing wouldn't be considered a hobby would it? Aside from being physically active and spending time outdoors, I'm becoming very into diy home activities. Also just shooting my bow, working out, cleaning, recently making a huge load of photo albums. Guess those count as something.

I think fishing is definitely in the sprit of the thread! I use to fish quite a bit. I just need to make time for it again.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone that mentioned motorcycles, Jeeps, beer and working on projects around the house.:thumb:

Unfortunately, most of those things ( not beer) are in the past tense for me...for now.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The other type of shooting I do
    10612951_10153174541873082_3184197968984890284_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10612951_10153174541873082_3184197968984890284_n.jpg
      10612951_10153174541873082_3184197968984890284_n.jpg
      23.3 KB · Views: 319

Latest posts

Top Bottom