• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please check out the New site let me know what you think.. would love opinions and suggestions

MyFloridaCCW.com

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My only recommendation - is to get rid of the banner ad for Front Sight. The guy's a hack - and pushes his Scientology agenda. I'd NEVER participate - or recommend that training facility to anyone...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Site graphics and everything look good.

I think that you need some information about your company directly on the main page there, who are you, what do you offer, some information about your experience and credentials.

Also on our business site, we keep everything " above the fold " no scrolling on any particular page. Keeps things visible and easy to read for the viewer. Maybe shrink the big target / gun graphic back to give yourself some room to give your mission statement.

I don't know a ton about website design, but I have had a hand in the design of ours here at work.

www.lloydsglass.com

Hope this little bit of input helps, if not just ignore me :D

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My only suggestion is remove the music from the Page. I personally don't like music on a Page that plays out of no where.

joningb

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree on removing the music that pops up automatically, pet peeve of mine. Also agree on providing information on what services you provide and more info about you and your qualifications.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have several suggestions for you and I'll gladly help with anything I can. I'm no web guru, but before I went into the mental health/education administration field, I taught design for 10+ years and have a degree in it, so here's my two cents from a critical eye.

* First, grammatically you need to make some changes. It should read ' When seconds count, the police are minutes away, carry concealed.' You have broken and fragmented sentences and it reads poorly.

* I have no idea by looking at your site what you are offering. I see products with links, 'Defensive Concepts' capitalized, but I truly don't know if you're offering a service, a product, a liaison site for other links due to the products on the left with corresponding websites, etc... Somewhere on the very first page, you need to state what you do. Missouri University did research and that indicated the following: 'When viewing a website, it takes users less than two-tenths of a second to form a first impression, according to recent eye-tracking research conducted at Missouri University of Science and Technology. But it takes a little longer - about 2.6 seconds - for a user's eyes to land on that area of a website that most influences their first impression.' That said, I was confused by the first page and if I wasn't taking time to offer advice on this site, I would have never entered it. Get rid of the 'enter site' and music, you're making site traffic have unnecessary roadblocks. There's good info from this research, click here for the study. ----> http://news.mst.edu/2012/02/eye-tracking_studies_show_firs.html

If Defensive Concepts is the name of your company, then I would encourage you to state what you do. For example 'Defensive Concepts, Empowering Floridians in The Art of Concealed Carry' or something to that effect.

The contact info page, get someone to take your photo, take your hat off, put a polo or dress shirt on and SMILE! You look upset and not welcoming, which will deter any females or others, from contacting you.

Advertise yourself, what qualifications do you have and what are you offering that John Doe down the street doesn't. SELL YOURSELF and include some bio/background.

The music has to go, don't design a website for you and your likes and dislikes. Design a site for the average person. You have an awesome URL name....this could be a huge cash cow for people looking for CCW classes or other info, so my suggestion is invest the time and money to do it right, if you're able. If it's just something you're doing for

Check out Google Adsense, no reason you should not be getting some $$ with 10K + hits on your website. It's easy to use and pays decent.

Good Luck-

Clayjunky

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thank you to all.. I will be working on it this wek hope to have everyone check it out after some much needed fixes

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clayjunky gave you some really good info there. Good luck, feel free to bounce anything off of us as you go along!

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking better man! I agree with others though you gotta ditch the music

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you need any graphics work, let me know. I am we'll versed in vector art and graphics design. I do a lot of work in Photoshop and would willing to help you out.

Top Bottom