• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zydeco

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lets take a closer look at this reply with quote function:

Where in there do I say that I A.) own and use a defective and dangerous gun, B.) that I myself have had the particular problem, C.) Imply that I would continue to use said firearm if there was such a problem? What exactly am I advertising on the internet again? Direct or indirect implication of any of these things, is indeed being guilty of the same things you accuse me of.

Also:

I am not interested in back and forth with you as well, but even after stating that I was not speaking directly to you or your specific problem, you kept it going. But if you really wish it, I can and will cite specific sources for my frustration that lead directly to this particular rant. But as it stands, the only issue I really want to pursue is where you get off accusing me of having some busted shit.

[/QUOTE] I will caution you that sometimes when applying the safety it drops the hammer, and it can go off. I have yet to have this happen to me, but I make sure that when I do fire it at the range it is still pointing down range when I apply the safety and said hammer drops. No one wants to be "that guy".[/QUOTE]

I believe those are your words above. So in your book this is normal operation for the PPK? As I said I have owned a number of PPKs from original Walthers in both 32 and 380, one Manurin, and two Smith's and I can assure you an AD when you engage the safety is a problem and a clear indicator something is wrong with your pistol As I previously stated, Smith started that recall several years ago because a small number of their PPKs in a particular production run had the exact problem you describe as normal in your post. Of course the pistol should always be pointed in a safe direction, but you suggest that is needed because the PPK can fire when the safety is engaged. That is why Smith recalled all PPKs in that production run. Obviously they thought there was a problem in a pistol behaving in such a manner. So my good friend, yes you have some "busted" stuff. Yes you say it has yet to happen to you but you say sometimes when you drop the hammer it can go off. Either you are saying you have a poor understanding of the basic operation of the PPK or you have some knowledge your stuff is "busted". Frankly don't care. Nor do I care about how you hate the opinions of others. Some people like steak and some people like seafood. Some people like PPKs and some don't. Some cant stomach the idea of a 380 as a primary defense caliber and some love it. So what? I come to this site to help others and to look for ideas that may benefit me in some way. I don't come on here to ridicule the experiences of others and act all condescending with statements like: "your grip sucks". Just because your PPK is reliable does not mean that other shooters don't have different experiences nor does it mean that you can diagnose someone else's problems sight unseen. This thread started with a shooter asking for opinions. Most of those who commented did so based on their experiences, but you didn't even bother to read all the comments before posting a slam that showed up just below my post. Had you bothered to read the thread, you might have realized that it would clearly appear that you were slamming my experience and opinion. If you think some people may have a grip problem, then why not pose it as a suggestion, rather than engaging in a blatant slam at the experience of others. I would still like to know where you get off with this holier than thou attitude in telling other shooters that their grip sucks and you probably don't even know them or have ever shot with them but frankly this has become a huge waste of my time and is really hijacking this thread. I'll continue to offer helpful experiences and opinions when other shooters ask, but don't plan on responding to any posts like the one you made that kicked all of this off. Have a great day. I would really like to see you one day on the range so we could have a friendly demonstration of each other's knowledge and abilities. Then you can accurately describe my grip, or my breathing, or my trigger control, etc.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL people who carry 9 mm do it because they can't shoot. I bet people who carry a 45 really suck.

yeah, I's thinking the same thing, so the guy with the .50 Beowolf is REAL bad,,,,lol Seriously, you can miss , no matter what caliber you shoot. and a hit is a hit, no matter what caliber it is. Nobody wants to get shot , nobody wants hot lead in them and nobody wants to bleed.

Top Bottom