• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If they're in your home and stealing stuff they're committing burglary which is a felony. If they steal less than 300 bucks from walmart it's petit theft and only a misdemeanor. So a big difference. Why do I carry a gun? I can assure you that it's not to stop 16 year old girls shoplifting a tube of lip gloss from Wally World, it's to protect me and my family if someone decides they want to do us harm.

To answer your question snowbird, if they detained you and you hadn't stole anything then chances are they're going to prison for false arrest/imprisonment while you're sitting on your new yacht somewhere in the Caribbean. It's happened!!! That's why nowadays most places contact law enforcement while watching from a distance until they arrive, or in the case of walmart they hire a police officer to be at the store most of the time. In this day and age of sue happy people it's always best to CYA and have someone else do the dirty work.

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know for a fact walmart loss prevention will not apprehend a customer unless they are 100% sure that they stole and have seen it by them or a member of management in person or on video and watched them until they left the store. If they are not 100% sure that the merchandise is still on them, they will not make a stop. If a member of management or loss prevention makes a bad stop, they will be terminated immediately so they don't normally risk it.
    I am sure they attempted a stop at the door and he ran and tried to fight to get away. I personally think he got what he deserved. He stole and then tried to fight and injure someone to get away.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope my comments weren't misunderstood. I hate a thief as much as the next guy. What I was saying was we don't know the whole story in this video. Basically two different situations being discussed.

In one, the guy stole something. Upon store employees attempting to detain him he puts up a fight. In that case game on, with the severity of the situation escalating according to the thief's reactions. Sounded in the video like the BG bit one of the security dudes. In this day of deadly diseases easily transmitted by body fluids I'm pretty sure I would seriously hurt the guy.

Other case, YOU are.the customer and are falsly picked out as a shoplifter. If the store employees attempt to stop you in the parking lot. You go on alert and have a Mexican standoff in the parking lot as identities get sorted out, accusations made clear and the employees.are verified as to being who they say they are. This can all be done calmly. If you're innocent you can prove it while everyone stays calm. THAT is how it SHOULD go.down. Or, conversely two guys you don't know from Adam come at you agressively and it looks like they intend on dropping you in the parking lot ................. they'll likely get shot.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sean, in your third para this makes allot of sense. I still would not allow any badge holder to touch me or would not answer ANY questions that they may ask. (I will not give them anything,I will not show them anything.)I WILL IMEDIATELY dial 911 and get a LEO on the way. I will attempt to leave the line open untill they arrive. When they arrive,I will comply with their(almost)every demand. I will answer all their questions. I will be as respectful to them as they are to me.

I know that I am innocent. I will want to know what I am accused of and what proof does the store have. AND.......very importantly,I will tell the LEO that I have a permit from the state of Fla. to carry a concealed weapon,and that I have one on my person at this time. I will follow that up with ...."I will most gladly comply with what you would have me do". --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well Sawman, Good to hear common sense prevails, with actions like that, you more than likely will never have a problem like that. You are one of the more senseable folks and I am sure would never be approached in the first place. But for the runners and fighters, and general badboys, revisit Chris Rocks video "How not to get your ass kicked by the police!"
    BTW these guys are generrally not someone off the street, they do have training (may not be as much as needed) and have powers to act as need be to detain a criminal until the LEO's arrive.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, in your third para this makes allot of sense. I still would not allow any badge holder to touch me or would not answer ANY questions that they may ask. (I will not give them anything,I will not show them anything.)I WILL IMEDIATELY dial 911 and get a LEO on the way. I will attempt to leave the line open untill they arrive. When they arrive,I will comply with their(almost)every demand. I will answer all their questions. I will be as respectful to them as they are to me.

I know that I am innocent. I will want to know what I am accused of and what proof does the store have. AND.......very importantly,I will tell the LEO that I have a permit from the state of Fla. to carry a concealed weapon,and that I have one on my person at this time. I will follow that up with ...."I will most gladly comply with what you would have me do". --- SAWMAN

No argument here. I won't show any more attitude than my accuser, "everyone stay cool" kind of thing. I make no actions inside a store that can be construed as shoplifting so if I was approached in a parking lot I would be on high alert (well, I would be anyway). If they wanted to see my receipt or whatever I would do that, I have time. Personal search? I'll wait for the LEOs. And that goes for searching my truck too.

I know I'm not a thief, I understand that security doesn't know that. Procedure is one thing, personal space invasion is an entirely different matter.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Problem is most of these guy ARE thieves, Walmart will not try and detain you unless they SAW you taking something and are sure you still have it. I doubt any of us will ever be in this situation, so this is much ado about nothing.. I would hate to see the outcome if we are innocent, carrying and someone tackles us or tries to rough us up...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep Frank I worry about that too. If some security guy dressed in street clothes tried to grab me in a parking lot he might get shot. In other words I hope these security guys have training and above all common sense.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I was in Gayfers at Cordova years ago and heard a commotion. They had an older lady who posed as a shopper and watched for shoplifters. She yelled and a couple of male employees ran out the door.
    In a few minutes they came back. I asked the lady what happened.
    The men's section was right by the door. Seems a female "diversified"
    customer and her young kids grabbed a bunch of suits and ran for the car.
    They made it to the car, got in and locked the doors. The employees told her to come back in and she took off.
    I asked the lady what they were going to do and she said there was nothing they can do.
    Said she would probably take them back to the Town and Country Gayfers for a cash refund.

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All I took from the video is neither one of those guys knows how to fight, let alone fight as a team.

I don't think the security guys were trying to fight. They were trying to cuff and detain the person. They only took a few shots after an attempt to stab with a box cutter and a few bites.

Top Bottom