• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took the Range offficer for a trigger job. Wanted 3#. Got it and I didn't think it was light enough and
    ask him to measure it. WELL measured 4 something. He said he takes the takeup weight off the final reading. Takeup was 11oz. Said I never saw one measured that way. I figured 4 pounds to make it go off is a 4 pound pull. It a 1911.and I need to shoot it before the next match so I just took it.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The trigger pull weight should include the pretravel. not sure about that guy's method

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks CrisC Thats what I thought. Ryan Yes it was. Just the way he measures I guess. Guess I will have to get to 1911 Junkie to get it where I want it how ever it is measured.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The older gentlemen has done most work for me and did great great work. I asked for 3.7 pounds and he did a straight pull and didn't subtract or anything and it felt amazing. I think his son or another way younger guy that is working there did work on one of my 1911s and I wasn't as impressed. Trigger pull was heavier than I wanted and I felt fit could have been better on the work that I wanted on it but I had already sold the gun before I picked it up so I wasn't terribly concerned about it.

Top Bottom