• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Well then ........ here is some eye candy for you. Picked it out and up this afternoon.

2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max(short bed .. HUGE rear seat) 5.7L I Force VVT, dark blue. 4WD pretty much loaded,all but NAV. ---- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC01049.JPG
      DSC01049.JPG
      492.9 KB · Views: 166

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Lovely...now I miss mine again, looked just like it (nicer wheels though) ;)

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    very nice SAWMAN !!!
    wish I could afford one.....waiting till my final 7 years before 2nd retardment..before I pull the rip-cord.

that's what it will be !!!

you remember what I drove to your house that day to pick up powder...

a 94 Toyota sedan. 250k and still gets 37mpg and me to work everyday.

other than my 90 Isuzu retro-fitted turbo diesel truck.....its my fav !!!

you got a fine ride there man !!! I hate to say it, but its like the other fella said....
    the last truck you will ever need................:yo:

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish Toyota made a Tacoma in a V8. I have a 1996 T-100 3.4L V6 and I can tell you now they could've easily fit a v8 in there. They left so much room under the hood! Congrats on the new truck. Let us know what the gas mileage is to. That is the only down side I have heard about the new Tundras.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Brandon, right now,with <700 miles on it,my computer is telling me it is getting 14MPG,average around town. At 70MPH on the freeway,in cruse it is getting 18MPG.

Talked to a guy that has his "chipped" and he told me that he gets 4MPG better than before and his truck puts out another 19hp. (????) --- SAWMAN

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    careful with them "chips". I imagine Toyota frowns upon them as far as warrantying any drivetrain issues after the fact. Some of the handheld tuners have a way to put it back to OE if service is needed, but vehicles are so advanced I'm sure they can see that as well.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Right Kenny ....... no chip for me. I do not have to tow anything super heavy,nor do I have a heavy foot. The 381/401 will satisfy me fine.

I really do like the way this truck drives. I have not had a full sized truck since 2003 when I moved down here with my Dodge Ram 2500 with the V10. --- SAWMAN

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    We had an '04. Double cab 4x4 Limited.
    If Lexus would have built a truck, it would have been that one.
    Having said that, it was not a "serious" truck.
    I took Toyota a little while longer to figure it out with their next update to the model.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first generation stuff may have been a dog, but I promise you that's not the case for anything from 2006 and up. If mine weighed a bit more I wouldn't have a problem hooking it up too a three axle peanut trailer and letting it eat.

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not a dog at all. It just took Toyota a very long time to get what Americans want / need in full size truck.

Honda is even worse. They may never figure it out...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a dog at all. It just took Toyota a very long time to get what Americans want / need in full size truck.

Honda is even worse. They may never figure it out...

Yeah, I know someone that has the Honda truck, whatever its called. Copy of a Chevy Avalanche. Kind of neat vehicle but a useless truck.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah, I know someone that has the Honda truck, whatever its called. Copy of a Chevy Avalanche. Kind of neat vehicle but a useless truck.

I had an avalanche, if you put the back seats down, you had a proper size bed. To me the measure of a truck is whether you can stack 4x8s in the back. Coincidently, the truck based SUVs can do the same, so if I close my eyes, I can actually convince myself that I still have a truck. Lol. Yes, the Honda Ridgeline is useless, are they still making the stupid thing?

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, 4'x8' is minimum for all around use. My new (to me) truck has the 6.5' bed but it still works if you leave the tailgate down. I have other trucks for heavy hauling but the Avalanche bed is just way too small. My SIL has one. Haven't paid much attention to it but I think the bed is not only short but narrow.

fleetc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Honda Ridgeline. I have one. They are way behind on technology, but I look at it as less crap to break. I love the ride, love the storage, and hate the design. But it's a Honda and it will outlast me. The only toting I do it from Lowes and walmart so it fits my needs. If you ever get close to one, look at the trunk... yes... trunk... Honda is on to something there.

johnnysstuff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well how about the Tacoma?

I have been looking..

Anybody here own one.

Seems like all the used ones have 150k plus miles on them.

What are the choices in engines and what kind of mileage can you get from an automatic ?

Didn't want to highjack the thread but looks as if you got yourself a beautiful truck .

Anybody got one for sale ?

Thanks !
    j

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Tundras are nice powerful trucks. I like their body style especially the double cab. But what keeps me from buying one is power to mpg ratio. I can do with a little bit less power and more mpg. I was hoping they would revamp their engine lines to compete with more efficient offerings from the other brands. Ford's ecoboost, Dodge's Eco diesel and GM's ecotec 3. great trucks but also have their share in recalls. You also mentioned 4x4. after being stationed near Canada for almost a decade, a locking rear diff. is a must for me. I had a Ford FX4 with a Detroit locking rear diff. and it was great. But I prefer an auto locking rear like the GM's G80. Not sure what the other brand offers.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 2005 Double Cab 4x4 at 110k and couldn't be happier with it. Not the best mpg but that 4.7 V8 is a smooth, rock solid, and proven power plant that's been used in a lot of Lexus and Toyotas. It's not uncommon to see them with 350k plus trouble free miles and I plan to drive mine past.

Just replace the timing belt every 90k and keep the oil changed and they are good to go. I love a great running, low maintenance, and reliable paid for truck. Feels like it makes you money every trouble free after trouble free month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom