• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only difference is a tire or wreckage isn't going to come at you like the dumb ass kid did. He was moving towards Tony's car and probably tried to hit the car and got caught by the rear tire. Pretty sure Tony didn't mean to hit the kid.

Good point. One might get away with getting close enough to a close wheeled car to bang on it but that big exposed rear wheel on an open wheel car sticks out a good bit from the car body.

On another note, and this is addressed to people in general not the quoted poster, I don't think one need be a sprint car expert or regular race goer to have a legit opinion on this. Just because one goes to races all the time doesn't mean their opinion carries more weight. Especially seeing how the regular race goers are likely the ones cheering on the drivers who recklessly hop out of their cars in anger to confront the driver who supposedly wronged them. One can only drink cheap beer and watch cars go in a circle for so long before needing more entertainment.

Would explain why they are quick to defend this kids actions and place blame on another. Maybe a different point of view from an outside perspective as to why this is a colossally stupid practice is needed. One would would think this tragedy would make it self-evident however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    STAGMANS POST And you can see who has ever been to any kind of a race or probally haven't even watched one on Tv. There eye site is way above 20/20 to see that the boy tried to jump back. You sure couldn't see that from the vid I saw. Let the key board drivers keep talking.

I have driven hundreds of races on dirt and at night on dirt tracks in Ia IL and MO and am sure some of these posters could have beat me on there first race. You go drivers that have never set in a race car or even been in the pits at a race. I am just going to set back and learn.....

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well most of us have driven cars, atvs, and motorcycles so we have some experience with how fast objects come up on you even if we haven't driven race cars. I once had a deer run right into the side of my car. I was doing about 55 mph and damn if it didn't happen fast. I saw him and he was into my quarter panel before I had time to react to what my brain was registering.

Like I said, one does not need be a racing expert to form a legit opinion on this. Racers and their fans tend to be hot headed and impulsive by nature and it appears it carries over to making judgments on a tragedy such as this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well if you get on YouTube and watch more than one video than you will see it in slow mo and yes he is moving up at the last min.

From The Deep Woods

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And anyone would try to get out of the way of a car that is going to hit them

From The Deep Woods

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Looks more to me like the guy killed himself on TS's car, but I guess that headline isn't as catchy.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the debates but only Tony knows the truth and no one else will ever know.
    I just can't imagine it being anything other than an accident.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My take on this is that they are both dumb ass hot heads that resulted in the kids death. Obviously this kid is a hot head getting out of his car and trying to jump in front of Stewart so he could "let him have it". And we all know that Tony Stewart is a hot head on and off the track. I have watched Tony come across an entire track to put another driver into the wall on more than one occasion.

You can see Tony's car break loose as the kid is hit. I bet dollars to donuts that Tony was swerving at the kid to intimidate him at the same time the kid was trying to intimidate Tony into stopping on the track. Two hot headed dip shits collide and the one ends up dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom