Thinking of selling my XD for a glock....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I put in an order at Jimmys in fwb for a g26 gen 4 on the military discount. Now that I have been researching everything glock, I am getting the itch to convert my current 45 acp pistol to a glock, keep em all the same. Its an xd 45 full size 5" barrel. Has two 13 round mags and all the factory accessories. Think I should sell and buy the glock 21 gen 4 to replace it? What would be a good selling price for the xd? It has 50 rounds through it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Having previously owned an XD 45 Compact Service Model and currently owning a Glock 21SF, I'll say this: I liked the feel of the XD over the Glock when I first got the XD. Along the line, I traded the XD off and got the 21 on another trade. After shooting the 21, I would not go back to the XD. It just shoots better for me. YMMV.

outlaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You put in an order today? I was thinking about doing the same, but was wondering if they mentioned anything about a backlog or delay on new orders. I wouldn't think so on the G26, but just wondering.

And the way I see it, as long as you have your calibers consolidated, the rest is pure preference. I haven't shot the XD, but I have shot a G21SF and liked it. It was on my list until the Gen 4s came out.

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i love my XD but you will get the same answer from all sides. it will come down to pure preference. i have had both, shot both and stuck with the XD because i love the feel way more than the glocks. as for reliability, take care of it and it will last forever. my XD40 has over 50,000 rounds through it and everything is in perfect shape. only thing i have ever replaces is mag springs

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the exact opposite. I had a gen3 21 that I really liked but I sprayed with it. Changed the sights and came up with same results. Traded it for an XD Tactical and now I'm happy and accurate. Like others have said it comes down to preference and which one you shoot better; for me it was the XD.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock's suck..............

I use to feel the same way until I sold my XD 45 and bought a glock 17 and it was a great decision I like my G17 so much that 2 months later I bought a G26. I thought I would regret selling my XD but I found out the only regret I have is that I didn't buy a glock sooner

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock's suck..............

Thank you for the wonderful insight with reasons informing all of us as to why you feel that way. Really, thank you. I mean it. That will go a long way towards influencing my decision.

I didn't order (in the usual sense) a gun from Jimmy's, they said they would just take my name and number and let me know when the guns I want come in. Should I call em back or something? I figured there was nothing to order as they probably don't know when they will get new guns in. I'm doing the le/mil discount as well if that changes anything.

merkinman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock made a semi good quality weapon, as production went up and the the line expanded(IMO) QC was not as good . The shooting world JUMPED at the light weight and high(standard) capacity. ? is would I give them faith enough to defend me.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tupperware junk throw away guns why dont you be a real man and get a 1911?? Grrrrrrrrrr

:usa2:

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been a real big 1911 person. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful guns and I have fired them many times, they just didn't strike me in a way that made me want to get it! Now a nickel plated 357 snub.... On the wish list.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was the proud owner of a Glock 17 and even being a full size it always felt light to me. I have since moved to a XD9 and love the fit, finish and feel. I think they are both fine weapons but it comes down to you. My wife liked it so much I bought her a xd9 sub for her carry gun. Good luck

PS: At least when their done with their 1911's, they can use them as a boat anchor. JK

Top Bottom