• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Follow your heart not the testosterone (hopefully their aligned). You really put your personal considerations second to the job, if you can't put in a few months in away at the Academy that says something. How will it impact your Family emotionally, mentally and financially? Can you leave the trash in the driveway and not bring it into your house? Officers will tell you that the "Job" hasn't changed them, that is not what the wives say and its never good. Divorce rates are high. Shift changes can upset everybody's routine. Those that have given full measure in the Line of Duty can not comment. Bravado aside, there is emptiness in the lives of Family and friends.

LE can be a very rewarding career. You can and do make a difference (big and small) every day. You must understand that you make the Badge work, the Badge will never make you more then your are. There is a core difference between people that are think about a career change to work in LE and those that have always wanted to be a Officer. Both can succeed but the internal drive and motivation is different and when you get into the field you will see it.

Now would be a good time to clean up you electronic footprint. Not that you have anything to hide but things can be taken out of context or strictly by context and be considered unfavorable. A simple "I would have shot the bastard/thug/perp/perv would be reviewed from a LE and mental health perspective. Get a new phone number, email and social media accounts . Purge association and or membership in anything questionable. Your finances and taxes squaired away? The depth of the background check will vary with the position you seek.

I am not trying to discourage you, just giving you some things to consider. A Local LE start is a good venue to move to other LE and Security opportunities where the benifits are better but there are tradeoffs too primarily they can move you where needed (short or long term).

I wish you geat success with it.
    WR

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Testosterone? With as much estrogen as there is in my house, I could use some. Otherwise, I may start menstruating soon. Lol.
    I can't ship away for several months for FHP, I left The Navy for a reason, and I also can't have the agency ship me to the other side of the state, the business can't move that easily, and my wife has older children living here, so it's really not an option at all.
    Can I leave the work at work? Probably not fully, but there's only one way to find out.
    No worries with my footprints or background. I do appreciate your input thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    We will miss you around here Dano.
    No such thing. Lol. Hey, even as my revolving collection has really slowed down, I'm still around to bitch about Trump, Frank, and Sawman. Lol.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would say if the spouse is not on board you are cruising for a bruising, ya'll are a team and if going in a different direction something may break beware big dog

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Tell you what man, I catch word your issuing tickets for not signaling a lane change, I'll but you a pair of uv protected, ballistic rated oakleys so you can look good while you do it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Tell you what man, I catch word your issuing tickets for not signaling a lane change, I'll but you a pair of uv protected, ballistic rated oakleys so you can look good while you do it.

or giving tickets for traveling in the left lane, starting on palafox, all the way to Flomaton, because they are turning left , to the west.....they don't want to give the left ln up..

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You mentioned medical sales.
    I was a manufacturers rep for 5 years and an independent rep for 15 years. Been out of the business for 12 years. Would be glad to tell you what I know if you were thinking about sales. May make the wifey happier.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You mentioned medical sales.
    I was a manufacturers rep for 5 years and an independent rep for 15 years. Been out of the business for 12 years. Would be glad to tell you what I know if you were thinking about sales. May make the wifey happier.
    Well, anything in the medical field would give me a certain degree of satisfaction, as long as it helps people directly or other wise, but medical sales, pharmaceutical is actually what the wife wants me to do, she's got friends who've made careers out of it, but she's yet to provide any solid contacts, and I have no idea where to start, with any kind of medical sales, really.
    Bottom line is that I've just been working out of the house for TOO LONG and I'm losing my sanity. Lol

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    (Well, anything in the medical field would give me a certain degree of satisfaction, as long as it helps people directly or other wise, but medical sales, pharmaceutical is actually what the wife wants me to do,)

I understand. I preferred the independent route because I could set me own schedule. It was great being in the operating rooms and seeing my products being used and teaching the docs how to operate the instruments. I have friends that did pharmaceuticals and they complained all the time. it would be very hard for me to punch a clock or take orders from a snively boss.
    Since I retired early I wanted to start something totally different where I could make a difference. I've been blessed to find that opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    or giving tickets for traveling in the left lane, starting on palafox, all the way to Flomaton, because they are turning left , to the west.....they don't want to give the left ln up..

Left lane is for passing. If your passing everyone, carry on. But that's for a different thread...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom