• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beaux

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want a new ccw... The Kahr fits my hand nice & trigger seems decent . What do y'all think about Kahr pistols ?

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the CW40 and love it ... Read the manual though, you can't slingshot rack a Kahr. Great pistol, shoots like a dream and I trust my life with it 100%

Last edited:

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a CW9 for the last year and a half. I put a couple hundred rounds a month through it to maintain proficiency. Never had a malfunction yet. GTG in my book.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As long as you are willing to carry it with one in the chamber they are nice small guns. Which most people do. Like Clay mentioned the only way to load it is by locking the slide back then releasing it. Very Annoying IMO.

While the trigger is smooth it is heavy throughout it's entire range, which I did not like. The cm9 was flawless for me before I sold it.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As long as you are willing to carry it with one in the chamber they are nice small guns. Which most people do. Like Clay mentioned the only way to load it is by locking the slide back then releasing it. Very Annoying IMO.

While the trigger is smooth it is heavy throughout it's entire range, which I did not like. The cm9 was flawless for me before I sold it.

Not to piss on anyone's shoes, but if you're not carrying one in the chamber, what the hell are you carrying a gun for? You load the mag fully, rack it back, let it slide, throw another in the mag and go about your day. If you're not willing to carry a loaded gun, we don't have anything to talk about..

Great pistols .... Ian has mine, you're welcome to shoot it if you can get up with him ...

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a CM40. I like it a lot. Conceals easily and has been very reliable. The gun smooths out quite a bit as you break it in. I can now slingshot the slide after about 200 rounds but usually use the slide release. Recoil is stout but manageable. As far as 1 in the chamber and the long pull, it's similar to a revolver but smooth all the way through. The reset is kind of long but with practice you acclimate to it. I can't say I care for the extended magazines you can get for them, I have 1 but never use it. It has a weird floor plate and does not feed on the first round as well.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clay I agree with you on carrying one in the chamber.

I do think that it is a stupid design flaw that you can not load the gun just like every other semi auto pistol on the market. Why would someone design a gun that way? I wish I would have known it's quirk before I bought one which is why I mentioned it.

The idea that the gun jams when loading the round does not give me confidence in the weapon. In fact I would not use 147 grain 9mm because it would never chamber unless released from the locked position. That left me concerned that when loaded from the locked position that the ammunition would be more likely to have bullet set back issues. Seems if they just designed a better magazine it would fix the issue but what do I know. I am defiantly not an engineer.

Look on the Kahr forums for yourself. Proper Prep of new Kahr is a good read for new owners.

http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I like the model. The one I fondled at a LGS felt great in my hand and I didn't mind the trigger - long but smooth. As soon as I can sell my P3AT I may be packing one in the not to distant future.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clay I agree with you on carrying one in the chamber.

I do think that it is a stupid design flaw that you can not load the gun just like every other semi auto pistol on the market. Why would someone design a gun that way? I wish I would have known it's quirk before I bought one which is why I mentioned it.

The idea that the gun jams when loading the round does not give me confidence in the weapon. In fact I would not use 147 grain 9mm because it would never chamber unless released from the locked position. That left me concerned that when loaded from the locked position that the ammunition would be more likely to have bullet set back issues. Seems if they just designed a better magazine it would fix the issue but what do I know. I am defiantly not an engineer.

Look on the Kahr forums for yourself. Proper Prep of new Kahr is a good read for new owners.

http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I own 2 kahrs.... the p380 and the pm9 ....also owned a cm9 for a while.
    Shot the hell out of all of them, and frankly I don't know what the H you are talking about ....having to use the slide release!
    I have always been able to rack a round into the chamber...smooth as butter. NEVER had a jam doing that....EVEN WITH THE SHORT .380!
    Buy a Kahr with confidence! Do the 200 round break in...and you won't be sorry.
    The also have the BEST DAO trigger on any weapon I have fired concealable weapon I have fired.
    147gr 9mm is not optimal anyway......it just too much lead for the caliber.....most 9mm is more like 119-140gr.

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shot the hell out of all of them, and frankly I don't know what the H you are talking about ....having to use the slide release!
    I have always been able to rack a round into the chamber...smooth as butter. NEVER had a jam doing that....EVEN WITH THE SHORT .380!
    The also have the BEST DAO trigger on any weapon I have fired concealable weapon I have fired.
    147gr 9mm is not optimal anyway......it just too much lead for the caliber.....most 9mm is more like 119-140gr.

Have you seen actual sim test of Federal HST 147 grain?

http://youtu.be/PNRqrJRq4T0

Huge expansion, good penetration, and 100% weight retention. It's a hell of a round for 9mm and I carry it with confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well it sounds like your guns are perfect, which is great for you. It is a common issue so much so Kahr addressed how to load the gun in the owners manual.

I only have experience with the smaller cm9 & p380 both suffered from this issue. I still own the P 380. You seem to think I am attacking your favorite gun of something. That was not my intention. I am stating my experience with the pistols yours may vary. If you were to ask me about any gun I own, I would be able to tell you something I do not like about it. When I read a review of a weapon I want to know what quirks or issues the gun has so I can decide if that is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you seen actual sim test of Federal HST 147 grain?

http://youtu.be/PNRqrJRq4T0

Huge expansion, good penetration, and 100% weight retention. It's a hell of a round for 9mm and I carry it with confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If it works for you Great! I just think that it is pushing the envelope for a 9mm to push that much lead at nearly 1000 fps.
    If there are jamming issues with the round...then I don't know what the argument would be for using it. ( I couldn't find information on anyone actually having jamming issues with the round - so maybe its a non-issue anyway)

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never had any loading issues with mine. I can load with the slide release, sling shot method or slowly riding the slide forward. I tested with a round not sitting right in a magazine to try and make it fail. Maybe having a bunch of rounds through it to break it in helps. My friends PM9 doesn't have a problem loading either. While it may be a fairly common "issue" I would bet the majority of them are ok.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never had any loading issues with mine. I can load with the slide release, sling shot method or slowly riding the slide forward. I tested with a round not sitting right in a magazine to try and make it fail. Maybe having a bunch of rounds through it to break it in helps. My friends PM9 doesn't have a problem loading either. While it may be a fairly common "issue" I would bet the majority of them are ok.

It's actually not an 'issue' - they are designed this way and noted in the owners manual. Most people
    ( including me) didn't read it and at first thought they had a problem, after reading the manual it cleared things up for me. That's surprising yours works, I can never get mine to slingshot

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom