• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Right now I'm in Tennessee, setting in my RV and looking at the beautiful Smokey Mountains. I just might stay up here for another week. Worst that can happen here is just some gloomy, soggy weather. :mmph:

just for that, we will go poke holes in your lawn mower tires.....:p

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Since they cancelled the Destin Seafood Festival Nate has moved to MS and LA, not even going to put us in the mix...

90 - 100% chance of rain Saturday through Monday. If it stays on the weaker side like they are saying it will be lopsided with most of the bad weather to the East of it and once on shore it's heading NE so we're going to see 2-3 days of heavy rain regardless.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Maybe but it also could move so that their forecast is wrong, that never has happened before and they have never hyped a storm before either. I remember the forecast for the last one was we were to get 10" of rain and we got none so call me a skeptic. All I know is this is the second time Destin has canceled in the last 5 years and the first one did not hit either.

We shall see...

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lady friend went by the grocery store this afternoon and most all of the bread was already gone. WTF?! I just wanted to be able to fix a grilled cheese this weekend. Oh well, stocked up on Scotch since it seems won't be doing anything other than watching football and the rain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lady friend went by the grocery store this afternoon and most all of the bread was already gone. WTF?! I just wanted to be able to fix a grilled cheese this weekend. Oh well, stocked up on Scotch since it seems won't be doing anything other than watching football and the rain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

All the bread gone cause its the first of the month food stamps time. Lol

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We need to watch the track of this one carefully. It hitting near New Orleans is based on a pretty steady NNW movement until it reaches the tip of Louisiana. Between 4 am and 7 am this morning it moved .9N and .3E, yes, moved East instead of West. Just a slight deviation in the track to the East could put us very close the right eyewall of this storm and we still don't know how strong it might get. The NHC's ability to track the strength of systems is not near as good as there ability to track the direction it moves in. Time will tell but regardless I think we're going to have a very wet 3 days starting sometime on Saturday!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ashley on WEAR this AM said that we could experience 40Kts sustained winds with gusts to 55Kts and storm surge 1-3 feet. That's assuming the current track. I live on the water and I'm preparing for the 3' storm surge. Also, I'm battening the loose items in the yard. A 55Kt gust is going to toss a lot of stuff!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I hate it is moving East but I think we should be OK till 4-5PM on Sat

I think it's going to start raining pretty early on Saturday. Cuba is 300+ miles NE of the center of Nate right now and getting hammered with heavy rain bands. Mid morning Saturday Nate should be about 340 miles to our SW in the open Gulf so those rain bands Cuba is getting now will probably start to hit our area. Time will tell, Nate is moving North at 14 mph now and is forecast to pick up speed once entering the Gulf sometime late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Another jog to the East, we are now officially under a Hurricane Watch, see below from latest advisory at 10 am.

A Hurricane Watch is now in effect east of the Alabama/Florida
    border to the Okaloosa/Walton County Line.

Top Bottom