• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wanted to take a few minutes and thank all of our vets and law enforcement officers for their service. God bless those who have served and are no longer with us. Please thank a vet when you are out and about this weekend.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    At Denny's this AM . . . Picked up the check and thanked him for his service to our country. An older guy,sitting alone,wearing a "Korean Conflect Veteran " hat. With a small Purple Heart pin affixed to it. --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most living vets/military etc... don't want thanks this weekend and on this holiday. Just an FYI. Makes them feel strange. Just my observations working day in and day out with them.

That's another holiday!

By all means do this any and all times of the year. But this holiday is not for the living and makes the living vets/currently serving folks feel awkward when someone tells them thank you on this holiday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most living vets/military etc... don't want thanks this weekend and on this holiday. Just an FYI. Makes them feel strange. Just my observations working day in and day out with them.

That's another holiday!

By all means do this any and all times of the year. But this holiday is not for the living and makes the living vets/currently serving folks feel awkward when someone tells them thank you on this holiday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

This I have found true relating to a lot of the guys coming in from the desert ,,,But I nod an say thanks to those who wear there position on them to be seen rather hat, hat pins or any other type dress that indicates he or she loved there position enough to share it with us for us as well,,,,,,,, AN I will say it in here and elsewhere I Thank each an everyone who served and is serving,,,For I have many cousins second cousins in the family,,dedicated an love being part of our Freedom and Saftey here at home stateside... God be with them Bless Them an there families for the sacrafices it takes to be away from loved ones and knowing the stress there loved ones go thru on there jobs,,,From olecarver an family

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This I have found true relating to a lot of the guys coming in from the desert ,,,But I nod an say thanks to those who wear there position on them to be seen rather hat, hat pins or any other type dress that indicates he or she loved there position enough to share it with us for us as well,,,,,,,, AN I will say it in here and elsewhere I Thank each an everyone who served and is serving,,,For I have many cousins second cousins in the family,,dedicated an love being part of our Freedom and Saftey here at home stateside... God be with them Bless Them an there families for the sacrafices it takes to be away from loved ones and knowing the stress there loved ones go thru on there jobs,,,From olecarver an family

well said sir, I second the words

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Most living vets wear their military stuff to honor their brothers and sisters that are no longer with us on this weekend holiday. It's not that they want to show off their service. Most military that I work with daily do not boast about their service etc...

Again, not saying to not say thank you if you feel so inclined to do so. Most will smile and be polite back to you etc... But it does make them feel awkward to be thanked on this holiday when it's to honor the fallen among their ranks through the years. Just passing along the lunch room talk I was a part of this past week full of retired military.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Remembering Those Who Gave The Ultimate Sacrifice
    As we observe the first Memorial Day under the leadership of President Trump, we encourage Americans everywhere to join us in solemnly remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms, as well as their families and loved ones. Our freedoms have come through the sacrifice of so many members of the military who came before us and shed their blood so that we may live our lives in peace with our God-given individual liberties. While these freedoms are under attack in an increasingly dangerous world, we must never, ever forget those who helped preserve and protect them for us.

scope0311

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Most living vets wear their military stuff to honor their brothers and sisters that are no longer with us on this weekend holiday. It's not that they want to show off their service. Most military that I work with daily do not boast about their service etc...

Again, not saying to not say thank you if you feel so inclined to do so. Most will smile and be polite back to you etc... But it does make them feel awkward to be thanked on this holiday when it's to honor the fallen among their ranks through the years. Just passing along the lunch room talk I was a part of this past week full of retired military.
    This.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you brothers, and rest in peace. I remember you today, and always. You are not forgotten.

Top Bottom