• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I would use the side rail with either a Master Mount or RS Regulate mount. Midwest Industries is supposed to make a good side rail mount as well but I have never used one. If your rifle doesn't have a side rail, Master Mount also makes a drop in rail with no gunsmithing required. It uses proprietary axis pins that secure the rail to the receiver. Slap on your mount of choice and you're off to the races.

An added benefit of the side rail is that by nature the mounts are QD and have great return to zero.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I would use the side rail with either a Master Mount or RS Regulate mount. Midwest Industries is supposed to make a good side rail mount as well but I have never used one. If your rifle doesn't have a side rail, Master Mount also makes a drop in rail with no gunsmithing required. It uses proprietary axis pins that secure the rail to the receiver. Slap on your mount of choice and you're off to the races.

An added benefit of the side rail is that by nature the mounts are QD and have great return to zero.
    Yep. Love it. MI 30mm. 1/3 Co witness with irons. Nice and low. Perfect with the SF2. If the optic fails still got irons. Locking latch on the qd.
    Great match with the zukov magpul stock with .5 riser.
    20231230_160033.jpg

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    That rob ski video where he dropped it opened which is retarded lol was for an old gen TWS fixed that with gen 3. Other drop test were done too

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate to look of side mount and im not looking to shoot groups at 300 yrds just something to hold my red dot but lower so I can co witness irons in front and ad a buis in rear. I don't plan on dropping it open or closed and if I do drop it......it was probably out of my cold dead hands lmfao so I don't care if it's still on for next guy..... his problem now lol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks all for info and input I've found when I ask about something I've usually already made my mind up I must like having a co signer sometimes lol

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Get it. The thing is people shy away from it because rob ski a youtuber opened it up 90 degrees on an old model. Dropped it from above head height and it bent. Of course it will. TWS beefed up the joint for gen 3. Even if its still somehow a weak joint, i have never seen or heard an ak top cover coming open at anytime by itself without the user intentionally opening it. It’s like he opened the car door on purpose and backed out of the garage haha “see comrade da door is weak”

SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gen III is great. Looks good too. RS regulate side rails are solid too. They aren’t hideous or in the way when you slap them on. But the GEN III TWS is good to go.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    If you're wanting a super low red dot setup, an Ultimak rail might be the way to go then (just watch your fingers after a few mags). No modifications to the irons required and it cowitnesses.

Unless we're talking about a Zenitco setup, I just can't advocate for any dust cover rail in good faith. Not even counting Rob's reviews, the TWS gen 3s have plenty of reports of losing zero.

SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There’s also this…

I’ve never used it though. My only experience is Gen iii TWS and then RS regulate side mount.

My TWS had an sig Romeo on it and it was fine on a 10 inch gong out to 300 yards. It had about 400 rounds on it before I traded it to a buddy. I didn’t beat the crap out of it though, it held zero after cleaning too.

Top Bottom