• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For those wondering if their trigger pull gauge is accurate, here is one method to test it. All you will need is a kitchen scale that will weigh the weight you are testing(5lbs 11oz in my case), a small bag(I used a small burlap bag but a small strong zip lock will do), a string or pipe cleaner to put through the bag for the gauge to hold on to and some kind of heavy weights(200gr lead .452 bullets for me).

I put the string through the bag first, filled the bag with the desired amount of weight according to the kitchen scale, tied the string and lifted with the gauge. I lifted it 5 times and each time it was within 0.1 oz of the kitchen scale.

I did this test because I was having some concern of the accuracy of my gauge as it was way off from an older Wheeler spring type gauge. This test vanished those concerns and I will have tell my friend that I gave my old Wheeler gauge to that it is not that accurate.

Thanks,

Garry

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I wished they made some sort of a loop attachment to slip onto the triggers tho. With a loop at the very end or bottom of a trigger. So that u can test each trigger vs others even if they're rounded or flat and get a more true comparison. I often see videos where they pull on the center or belly of a round trigger then compare its weight to a flat trigger while pulling it at its end. It will help rule out all those factors I think maybe. Because pulling at the end most portion reads less due to the added leverage vs pulling from the belly of a trigger. But then again that's where your finger will rest anyways. Anyways it's why I always shop for flat triggers since realizing that aspect

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Using my gauge,I put the 90deg rod in the triggers belly. I do not use the black plastic piece.
    I make sure the gauge does not touch the stock but hold it as close to the stock as possible and aligned with the stock.
    I do this the same way every time.
    I have check weights that a machinist made for me some time ago.---- SAWMAN

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ok so there is a piece then. Haven't bought a gauge myself yet. Been planning on it but keep procrastinating lol. Not sure what they came with. Haven't noticed any in videos I seen yet is why I mentioned it. And always wondered. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom