• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Schmidt-Rubin K11 (1911) bolt action Swiss rifle with NO IMPORT MARKS!

Milton, Florida

PM me!

SOLD!

This is a Schmidt-Rubin K 11 Swiss rifle chambered in 7.5 x 55 mm. (Not to be confused with the K31, which also is chambered in the same round.)
    If I remember right, Schmidt designed the rifle, and Rubin designed the cartridge, which is also called the 7 1/2 mm.

Cool thing about this rifle is that it holds 7 in the removable cartridge! It is also a straight bolt design, in which you pull straight back and push straight in, which is odd for a bolt action rifle. But the action works great! What's cool too, is when the spent cartridge ejects, it goes straight up into the air, every single time in the exact same spot. (I got good at catching the spent round when it came back down).

This is what some call the forgotten collectors rifle from WWI and WWII. Although it wasn't used in those wars, it's what the Swiss had and used in the Swiss Army/Militia, as every male citizen had to keep one, and this is what kept them neutral. Thus, a must have for collectors!

Also, this rifle has no import marks!

Anyway, I asked around and found that these are very hard to find. Gander mountain in P'cola had a couple for sale when they first opened, and they were selling for $499. They sold out quickly, and have never gotten them in again. BTW, those did have import marks!

Several people told me that w/o import marks, there is a premium on this rifle. I don't know, but I did get the opinion of several guys I trust, and they told me to post it for $600. So that's what I'm asking.

These rifles are real tack-drivers! I bought one box of ammo and shot it and was very impressed with how accurate this rifle was. (Swiss perfection!) I was going to shoot the whole box, but decided to save 6 bullets for whoever buys this. They are included with the sale, as well as the spent cartridges for reloading. (It was tough not to shoot the whole box, as it's so fun to shoot!)

Rounds aren't that hard to find for this, and are not too expensive. You can get them about .50 a round. (Unless you pay over a dollar each like I did at Uber's). Here's a good place to buy some in bulk online...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...s+7.5x55+GP11+174grn+FMJ+10rd+box&groupid=738

So that's about it. I would keep this rifle for myself, but don't have any room for it. It is awesome though, and fun to shoot! I hope it finds a good home.

P.S. It is confirmed that this is the carbine model! /B]

Attachments

• DSC09161.JPG
      DSC09161.JPG
      220.3 KB · Views: 184
    • DSC09159.JPG
      DSC09159.JPG
      304.2 KB · Views: 184
    • DSC09164.JPG
      DSC09164.JPG
      230.9 KB · Views: 185
    • DSC09168.JPG
      DSC09168.JPG
      205.8 KB · Views: 183
    • DSC09170.JPG
      DSC09170.JPG
      287.6 KB · Views: 183
    Last edited:

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just measured, and the measurements are as follows: Total length of the rifle is 43 1/2 inches. The barrel length is 23 1/4 inches. That makes this the carbine model, right? I had heard they made a carbine and then a longer version of this. So doesn't that make mine the carbine? Don't know, but hope that helps!

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    There's the Model 1911 rifle, K11 Carbine like the one you have there, and the K31 Carbine, all firing the 7.5x55. If you run GP11 Swiss surplus out of these guns, they are absolute tack drivers. Sounds like the Prvi you ran out of it did very well also. The GP11 stuff could really be considered match ammo; it's that good. That's a really nice rifle you have there. GLWS!

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks. I asked my wife, and she was pretty close with "Good luck with selling." So once again she proves she's smarter than I am! : )

TrunkMonkay

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you checked under the buttplate and inside the magazine for a slip of paper? The Swiss often wrote down their info onto a piece of paper and slipped it somewhere inside the rifle, usually under the buttplate. It'd be pretty neat if it still had it.

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I looked under the butt plate first thing. I didn't find a thing. I wish I had, that would have been pretty neat.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom