• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good luck with that, no guarantees this thing won't slide further East by the looks of that initial track forecast, lots of uncertainty at the end of that forecast track!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm happy to finally have my truck back. Dad's truck still isn't fixed. So far, they've replaced a computer module, the entire instrument cluster, and now they've got to replace something for the air conditioner to work properly. I'm willing to bet that there is still more wrong with it that just hasn't been discovered yet.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm happy to finally have my truck back. Dad's truck still isn't fixed. So far, they've replaced a computer module, the entire instrument cluster, and now they've got to replace something for the air conditioner to work properly. I'm willing to bet that there is still more wrong with it that just hasn't been discovered yet.

Where is his truck, Wal-Mart?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Where is his truck, Wal-Mart?

Some auto shop in Daphne, across from that equipment rental place on 98. They had to replace and program the computer module to get it to crank, then it wouldn't stay running. They traced that issue to the instrument cluster. Once they finally got it to run, they discovered a problem with the air conditioner. I'd imagine the lightning fried more than that, they just haven't discovered everything yet.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obamacare Plans Will Be Sold In Every U.S. County Next Year

--Move means no U.S. counties will be without coverage for 2018

“Our decision to offer coverage in the bare counties speaks to our mission and commitment to the marketplace and serving those who are in need of health care coverage,” said CareSource Chief Executive Officer Pamela Morris, in a statement with the state announcing the expansion.

Ohio’s insurance regulators have found insurers to cover about 20 counties that could have been left without Obamacare coverage. Without new plans, about 11,000 people who bought Obamacare coverage in the counties would have been unable to in 2018, according to the state. Regulators in states including Nevada, Indiana and Missouri have also persuaded insurers to enter new counties to ensure counties wouldn’t stand empty.

Huh. I heard it was imploding. In a death spiral.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, respectfully, I do not wish to chase moving goalposts (my original assertion was that the exchanges were in fact not collapsing) however:

This will vary quite a bit on ones income, family size, zip code, and the resulting subsidies. Bear in mind that without Obamacare there would be no subsidies at all. One would pay full freight, regardless of age or income. As its always been, unless you have government, or employer provided insurance.

For an accurate estimate, I would suggest visiting healthcare.gov and entering your demographic information. What one finds "affordable" is a personal opinion, but any discussion thereof should definitely include the subsidies one would receive, and not just reflect the gross premium shown.

Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan" "the average family will save $2000 a year on your heath care premiums".

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan" "the average family will save $2000 a year on your heath care premiums".

BULLSHIT, since flipping Obamacare came to pass my insurance monthly premiums have gone up every year and my co-pay went from $20 per doctor visit to $125 per doctor visit so I can pay for the sorry asses not working to have coverage, #$%^ Obamacare.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, respectfully, I do not wish to chase moving goalposts (my original assertion was that the exchanges were in fact not collapsing) however:

This will vary quite a bit on ones income, family size, zip code, and the resulting subsidies. Bear in mind that without Obamacare there would be no subsidies at all. One would pay full freight, regardless of age or income. As its always been, unless you have government, or employer provided insurance.

For an accurate estimate, I would suggest visiting healthcare.gov and entering your demographic information. What one finds "affordable" is a personal opinion, but any discussion thereof should definitely include the subsidies one would receive, and not just reflect the gross premium shown.

You choose to compare "todays Full Freight" costs to justify obumacare instead of full freight BEFORE obumacare implementation which was thousands of dollars cheaper. Faulty logic to support a pro/con debate on cost for those that actually pay.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wut?

My original point was that the exchanges weren't collapsing as was so widely reported. That's all. No more, no less. Is there a reason nobody can stay on this point?

My first response to someone who replied by changing the subject, stipulated that nobody could possibly respond to constantly moving goalposts, and I tried to assist that person the best I knew how.

I simply reported a fact, with citation. If you think that fact is not true, I''m open to debate. But it looks like a fact to me.

If instead, you're just looking to argue about something, tangentially related, l'm not your guy. Ill just assume that you agree with my original point, since you're not addressing it.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BULLSHIT, since flipping Obamacare came to pass my insurance monthly premiums have gone up every year and my co-pay went from $20 per doctor visit to $125 per doctor visit so I can pay for the sorry asses not working to have coverage, #$%^ Obamacare.

Dont you get your insurance through your employer?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what's your take on lower income working people who have no insurance through their employer and can't afford the full ride on their own?

My opinion of that is not germane here. I simply linked to an article that showed the exchanges were not collapsing as was so heavily reported. I cannot, and nobody can, defend the entire 700 pages of law.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That said, does this person we are discussing qualify for a subsidy? I am aware that lower income people do, but that there is a cutoff. And that this cutoff can leave some people in a limbo. They make too much to qualify for a subsidy, but not enough to afford full price on their own. This gap is well known. I have no answer for this. I did not write the law. I would respectfully submit to all readers, that the law has much room for improvement.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And with that, I would respectfully ask that all we all take this up in another thread if someone wants to start one, and leave this thread to its original purpose. I had no idea it would spin so wildly out of control:)

I do enjoy an exchange of ideas and information, but we have, by far, passed beyond the scope this current thread.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And with that, I would respectfully ask that all we all take this up in another thread if someone wants to start one, and leave this thread to its original purpose. I had no idea it would spin so wildly out of control:)

I do enjoy an exchange of ideas and information, but we have, by far, passed beyond the scope this current thread.

Thank you. I concur.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I smell fire in my neighborhood, I looked around my place to make sure it wasn't going up in flames. That has to be th worst smell you can imagine. I still have nightmares when our house burned down from an electrical fire when I was 10, and it's been 34 years now...

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anywho... Looks like I may be getting a vacation trip to south Texas this weekend. All expense paid, yippie...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anywho... Looks like I may be getting a vacation trip to south Texas this weekend. All expense paid, yippie...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I nominate Sawman for temporary substitute mod....

Stanley as alternate..

leave the snack cabinet open when you leave, ok? hopefully full of little debbies?

you be careful...

Top Bottom