• ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Enjoying the cabin?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Most definitely. My dad replaced the weather worn back deck last year with a covered porch and we've spent the majority of our time out on it. We tried to go for a hike today, but it started pouring rain when we got to the trailhead. We're going to relax around here the next two days, then go kayaking on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Most definitely. My dad replaced the weather worn back deck last year with a covered porch and we've spent the majority of our time out on it. We tried to go for a hike today, but it started pouring rain when we got to the trailhead. We're going to relax around here the next two days, then go kayaking on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    That sounds like my kind of vacation! We're planning on something like that for late October.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Cynical Philosopher

I read that 4,153,237 people got married last year . Not to cause any trouble, but shouldn't that be an even number?

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their body... men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.

Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote.

You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.

Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was going to do a little reverse fishing on mill80885 with his Les Baer 1911 lower and SKS 45 but Mods thumped him. Probably for the best that those things don't linger too long, might be taken seriously by someone or encourage more trash.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was going to do a little reverse fishing on mill80885 with his Les Baer 1911 lower and SKS 45 but Mods thumped him. Probably for the best that those things don't linger too long, might be taken seriously by someone or encourage more trash.
    It's fun to mess with em from time to time but I just wasn't feeling it today. Pulling carpet and tack strips all day is no joke...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Back to work from my vacation in Gatlinburg, had a great time and enjoyed the weather. Unlike here highs were in the 80's with humidity in the low 50's, low temps at night were in the low 60's. Get back home and the temp is 87, humidity 69% and the morning lows are 75-80! Looks like we're in for some continued wet weather with a tropical system moving into the Gulf.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm looking at tonneau covers for the bed of my truck. I'm pretty certain I want a tri-fold model, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to go with the hard panels or the soft fabric type. I'm mainly concerned about keeping most of the weather and prying eyes out of the bed of my truck (especially when I'm traveling), but it would be nice to have some actual security if possible. Both the hard and soft models say that they can't be opened unless the tailgate is opened first (my tailgate locks).

FWIW, right now I'm looking at the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 and Trifecta 2.0, since they both can mount via the utilitrack that's already in my bed.

Does anyone have any experience and opinions they can offer?

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have recently been researching this as well. I do not haul much or that often. But when I do its usually spur of the moment, with no time to get a trailer and usually stuff that takes up the whole bed. I definitly want on the rolls up and is secure. The roll n loc style is nice but the canister takes up a little bed space and the drain tubes required can become clogged. And depending on their position can prohibit sliding something all the way against the front of the bed. But, I do like the security of the hard rolling covers. So I am taking a hard look at the BAK Revolver x2. Its aluminum slats covered with vinyl, the cover rolls up onto itself instead of into a canister. Even though it doesnt look as clean when its rolled up, 95% of the time it will be down covering the bed for my uses. It also uses the tailgate lock for security and it can hold up to 400lbs on top of the cover. The closest thing to it I have found is the truxedo titanium. Also these cover are about $750-$850. Where a roll n loc or similar is at least $1,000 and most of the time more like $1,500. For that price difference I can stand the different look when rolled up for as little as it would be rolled up.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Also, unless you get a solid camper top or over the rail fiberglass type cover no folding or rolling cover is 100% waterproof. But I have heard if you use a tailgate seal kit the folding rolling ones are 99% waterproof

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for that info. I hadn't considered rolling hard covers. A big problem I'm running into is finding one that is compatible with the utilitrack. It seems that a lot of them that hook to the bed rails require the track to be removed.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The BAK website has installation instructions for a nissan titan with. Says all you have to do is flip the utilitrack upside down and reinstall. So you can still use it and allow room for tje cover
    Side note: Im in no way connected to this company or product, its just the one I have on top of my list to purchase as soon as funds allow

Last edited:
    Top Bottom