• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Pretty interesting, the lease over by Ebro has been dry like a desert, the road crew came in and cut the ditches on the sides of the road deep and then graded all the roads smooth. One day we got 2.46" and then over 4" of rain yesterday and maybe more today. I guess the drought is over and the hogs will be everywhere! Hope the roads survived.

I got bags of apple corn and 40lb bags of bread to put out for the hungry little devils!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know you probably can't wait that long but I'm hoping to make a trip with you one of these days, hopefully maybe June 24th or 25th when I'm back in town from my vacation!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I mowed my yard last night and it took me twice as long as it normally does. It was higher than normal due to all the rain lately and was still wet, it was slow going so as not to bog down the mower. What I find funny is the night (Tuesday) a lot of the area received 5-10 inches of rain or more I recorded just .5" of rain at my house when one short downpour happened that night, I don't know how our area missed out on all that heavy rain but we did!

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea that is a good time relaxing with the rain.

I got about 2 months left down here in the south, maybe less if work slows down or other job opportunities come up. Next week we will start preparing by boxing up stuff we won't be needing and figuring out what we want to sell before we go, be on the look out for couches, washer and dryer, cheap ass car etc.. in the coming weeks if you need stuff like that.
    Getting kind of nervous the closer it gets. Moved here 8 years ago pulling a uhaul trailer and nothing more than that years tax returns in my bank. Thinking about basically starting over again is scary. It will be fun though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well have to make a run to the brewery before you go. Where do you stand with the power company there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea that is a good time relaxing with the rain.

I got about 2 months left down here in the south, maybe less if work slows down or other job opportunities come up. Next week we will start preparing by boxing up stuff we won't be needing and figuring out what we want to sell before we go, be on the look out for couches, washer and dryer, cheap ass car etc.. in the coming weeks if you need stuff like that.
    Getting kind of nervous the closer it gets. Moved here 8 years ago pulling a uhaul trailer and nothing more than that years tax returns in my bank. Thinking about basically starting over again is scary. It will be fun though.

Don't get bogged down in the minor stuff, you have a good Elk gun yet?

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well have to make a run to the brewery before you go. Where do you stand with the power company there?

Yea I might be going Sunday with a friend who is moving to St Louis this next week. I'll shoot you a text if you're around.
    Didn't get the power company job, it was a huge shot in the dark, I was way under qualified on paper, knew a lot of it but haven't gone through a lot of the courses they preferred be completed. So I will keep applying for apprenticeship stuff with them but will definitely look into some vocational stuff when we get up there.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't get bogged down in the minor stuff, you have a good Elk gun yet?
    Yea I am not too worried about anything. It will all work out no doubt.
    No no hunting stuff yet. I am planning on taking hunters ed with my daughter and starting together and then with my son when he gets old enough.
    I didn't have the opportunity to hunt when I was younger and really wish I did. So I am looking forward to learning with my kids.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea I might be going Sunday with a friend who is moving to St Louis this next week. I'll shoot you a text if you're around.
    Didn't get the power company job, it was a huge shot in the dark, I was way under qualified on paper, knew a lot of it but haven't gone through a lot of the courses they preferred be completed. So I will keep applying for apprenticeship stuff with them but will definitely look into some vocational stuff when we get up there.

Gocha. Excited for you. I know the change will be good.

You know I'm always up for a beer, so just let me know.

Top Bottom