• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I really really like my Mastiff. I had Danes for years, but I'm liking the Mastiff and it's nicer and calmer personality even more.
    Smart, sweet, gentle, but with a huge loud bark and intimidating appearance. It's a deterrent, but most importantly, an alarm. Well worth the food and 5lb patty scooping. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Amstaff was really bad with the play biting when we adopted her. She was a stray and ran the streets with another dog. They were rescued together and played together with only a little human interaction in the evenings. When she got really rowdy with me it could hurt but never any blood. It's pretty much gone now by simply ignoring her. When she is in play mode and starts biting I just pull my hand away and turn my back to her. Of course she would come around to the other side and I would turn away again, even walk away. It did not take long for 80% of the biting to go away. It was probably 6-8 months before it was mostly gone. After 3 years she will once in awhile act like she is about to bite but doesn't. She will still mouth your hand now and then but all you get is slobber. Otherwise she is the most loving dog I have ever had. Shepards and chewing? Good luck is all I have to say.

I've got the chewing thing under control. I know he will still destroy a few things before it's all over but I chew proofed the house the best I could and since I'm remodeling there isn't much he can damage. The toys out there now really seem to occupy him when he gets in the mood.

As for blood, I've lost a lot lately. The puppy claws and nails are lethal. I trimmed the nails but they sharpen back up in a hurry. The teeth seem to be dulling a bit at least.

It ain't my first rodeo and I knew what I was getting into. I wouldn't trade it for anything, blood, pain, aggravation and cost be damned.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In a couple of years, after Turbo has matured and settled down I intend on getting another dog. Not sure what but it'll be big too. By that time I think I'll have the property and house under control to the point another big breed won't add a burden.

One of my favorite dogs was my mom's last wolf hybrid, "Akila". They're just a bit different, more the strong, silent type. He really never barked but was very communicative with low howls and gestures.

This past weekend was a hoot. Stepson came over for 3 days and painted all the cabinets, trim and walls in the kitchen so I can install the new appliances. Turbo, not understanding personal space, insisted on "helping" and it was almost impossible to keep him from standing on top of Sean (step son). It turned out great with the touch ups required after Turbo made contact a few times with fresh paint. No matter how much I washed him off though he still has a few "highlights" to his fur, mainly the tail and haunches. Sean used some really high end commercial primer that costs about $95 a gallon and that stuff works as advertised. I can't wash it off that wet black nose at all.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good Monday morning everyone, it's NOT raining! Of course it quits raining when most of us go back to work! I had a pretty good weekend just relaxing with the family trying to finish the last season of Lost on Netflix! That is one crazy show! Friday I received the new motherboard for my Dell 23" all-in-one computer and replaced it with success, so glad I was able to isolate it to the motherboard and get it right the first time!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not a good start to today. I slept through both my alarms, woke up an hour late to 4 missed calls from a coworker (I wasn't late to work at that point, so that meant equipment or computer problems). I called him back and spent about 40 minutes on the phone while throwing on some clothes and running out the door. Got to work and things were still not working correctly, so I had to make a call out to Oregon to get some assistance. Everything is finally running smoothly at work now, but I just realized I left some stuff at home that I need today. Luckily I had a granola bar in my truck, so I got a little breakfast.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On a better note, I finally picked out a new computer on Saturday and it will be here tomorrow. Nothing special, but it's cheap and is quite a bit better than the one I was using.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oh yeah,I could kick all them little poopie dogs asses all at the same time. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC00871.JPG
      DSC00871.JPG
      380.2 KB · Views: 127
    Last edited:

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    and since I'm remodeling there isn't much he can damage.

One of my dogs took to chewing the raw sheetrock edges around the door openings when I was remodeling. Even chewed some of the already finished stuff while I had doors out to replace!

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a good start to today. I slept through both my alarms, woke up an hour late to 4 missed calls from a coworker (I wasn't late to work at that point, so that meant equipment or computer problems). I called him back and spent about 40 minutes on the phone while throwing on some clothes and running out the door. Got to work and things were still not working correctly, so I had to make a call out to Oregon to get some assistance. Everything is finally running smoothly at work now, but I just realized I left some stuff at home that I need today. Luckily I had a granola bar in my truck, so I got a little breakfast.
    Must've been contagious. I overslept by about 20 minutes. Wouldn't be a big deal except we had someone out this morning on top of being short a couple positions. Not fun starting the day off behind.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    30 Hell I had it going on at 30 I was still single making good money and 2 years away from the wreck that F***ed up my life.

Top Bottom