• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was known to cut my Dads belt up when I was about 10 years old to put on a 2 by 12 with 4 wheels with the axels nailed on with bent over nails.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is that an old Rambler station wagon in the background?

Rick
    Its a Desoto, used to have 4 out there, as well a a few Lincoln's and Plymouths. There was a really nice Pontiac and Dodge and a Rolls Royce in the garage. They have all been sold though. I think that is the last car on the property

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same here. I feel naked without one.

And Jeep, I never I said I enjoyed working with Sean, just enjoy the work. Old Festus is having trouble getting around now, claims a bad knee but I think he's just seeking pity.

RH

Nossir, I only used pity in my life to get members of the fairer sex horizontal.

However, after breakfast this morning something did occur to me. Sawman asked what I was doing out in the woods. I explained that I had gone to the edge to look for some things. While there I remembered all the cool coyote tracking tips he told me about, so I decided to put those lessons to the test. Being that I had absolutely no business stomping around out there, pissing off the wildlife unsupervised, I can come to only one logical conclusion: Sawman is directly responsible and therefore liable for my trashed knee joint. I hope you sleep well tonight Saw after all of the damage you've done.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After my sister and her daughter walked away from a head on collision thanks to their both wearing seat-belts I decided I better buckle up every time I got in an automobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    A few months ago, my wife and stepdaughter saw a rather large lady fly out of her window and onto the pavement on 9mile and pine forest. The lady didn't make it, but her seatbelt wearing passenger walked away uninjured. Not that seat belts have ever been optional for us, but it definitely reinforces to see the effects of not doing so up close.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seatbelts saved my life in 1975 when I rolled a Mustang II over going 65. Since that time I have worn them religiously even before the laws. I fail to understand why anyone would not wear one after all the lives they have saved. And yet, they don't. :decision:

Idoono

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've rolled in a car once and walked away from it untouched because I was wearing a seatbelt. When I was a teenager I heard about a kid from a local school dying that I knew from other friends. He drove a 1970's model full size truck at the time and tried to jump a road and ran a stop sign, car coming up the road hit his passenger side fender and front bumper, he flew into the windshield and bled out on the passenger side floor, it probably broke his neck too. The only damage to the truck was to the fender and bumper, cab of truck was untouched other than head indention on the windshield but yet he died because he didn't wear his seatbelt. I saw the truck at the shop they towed it to and seeing the imprint of his head on the windshield and the dried up blood on the floorboard of the passenger side really hit home. My dad didn't have to worry about me ever wearing a seatbelt after seeing that.

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've worn them religiously since I was a kid - I remember seeing a station wagon on the interstate that had rolled and there were bodies scattered for a good 50-100 yards. This was in the early 80's when no one wore them. The car was full and I don't think anyone was wearing a seat belt. Leaves an impression on a kid.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey Sean ...... wanna compare scars. Your still a youngster with lots of places on your body without a scar. I't's 'bout time you started working on your collection. Knee surgery .. been there. Back surgery .. been there. Shoulder surgery .. been there. Hand,wrist,and forearm surgery .. been there. Multiple scars from them crazy assed corpsmen digging out bullets and frag. Sinus cavities over pressurized,still got some small shit in both eyes,and had a skin graph or two. Both ears destroyed from noise and pressure.

NOW ...... fairly arthritic and stiff jointed. Scar tissue tells me the weather changes. You'll never catch me. Lucky you !! --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Sean ...... wanna compare scars. Your still a youngster with lots of places on your body without a scar. I't's 'bout time you started working on your collection. Knee surgery .. been there. Back surgery .. been there. Shoulder surgery .. been there. Hand,wrist,and forearm surgery .. been there. Multiple scars from them crazy assed corpsmen digging out bullets and frag. Sinus cavities over pressurized,still got some small shit in both eyes,and had a skin graph or two. Both ears destroyed from noise and pressure.

NOW ...... fairly arthritic and stiff jointed. Scar tissue tells me the weather changes. You'll never catch me. Lucky you !! --- SAWMAN

I know Saw, but I've strived so hard to keep my genetically superior body such a flawless example of manly perfection, and now This!

Seriously though, I have no battle related scars but I do have a ton of stupidity trophies. This week just seemed to be my week. Did my knee up twice, smashed two fingers at different times, fell down my stairs at the house (knee kicked out because I forgot my brace), bounced my noggin off the roll cage in a skid steer (weird story), dropped a heavy chain and hook on my foot, slammed my shin into the trailer hitch on the truck, tried to drop kick the bathroom door with my bare foot at 3:00 AM in the dark. That was all on Monday and Tuesday, minus the first knee incident which was Saturday. Then today I wake up and decide to go to work mainly to make a list of what I need to do next week. I drove down to the South end of the field and sank my damned truck up to the axles. I walk back the half mile to the hangars to get my tractor, twist my knee again because I forgot my damned brace. I get to the tractor, cut my arm open on a piece of sharp metal, bleed like a stuck pig. I get back to the truck, dropped the effing chain on my other foot. I finally get the truck unstuck and back on solid ground. I then show up at the secretary's house to get all our paychecks and boss shows up with his dog. Dog and I get rough housing and we both move the wrong way so I get 60 lbs. of muscle and hard boned head launched into my crotch like a mortar round. Boss walks up sees me moaning, holding my junk, the knee brace back on and a bloody shirt. I was told to go home and "Don't do a damned thing till Monday, find somewhere soft to lay down, avoid sharp objects and try not to kill myself".

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm blaming it on biorhythms being out of sync. That and lack of focus due to too much on my mind. I shall imbibe Christmas spirits, sleep in tomorrow and bing on Netflix through the weekend.

Top Bottom