• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well, after a long Sunday restoring power and rebuilding from an apparent tornado yesterday it looks like round two may be this evening. I hope this is not a precursor for 2017...

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had my alarm panel shouting at me about 30 minutes ago, had a tornado warning in Daphne.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife walked out to the garage to leave about a hour ago and came walking back in, "The garage is flooded" she says. So I go out and sure enough the is about 4in of water in some areas. Couldn't find where it was coming from, the house has a crawl space and the entrance is in the garage so I thought that maybe the draining was clogged under the house but no that was fine. Wasn't until my wife pulled that I saw a nice crack down the middle of the garage floor and a long trail of air bubbles boiling away. Luckily I don't keep anything on my garage floor so I didn't have anything that got wet. Our little storage room off the garage got a little water, luckily just my oil catch buckets and my lawnmower were the only things on the ground.
    14bc01436c9adf0e1e995f43951bd224.jpg

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't take a picture right now but an old oak blew over right on the power drop to the house. I can see the tension on the line and bolt holding it to the house stressing. Anyone know a good tree cutting down guy???

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope you made it through the night with power and no further damage from the tree. Please make sure you get the power company out before you try to remove the tree from a live power line.
    Ed

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow, I was in the Northern tip of Conecuh County until about 4 pm yesterday and let just say the storms were intense. When I left I emptied the rain gauge again, for the weekend since the rain started Saturday night I recorded 7 inches and counting, it was still raining good when I left.

On the way home only came across one section with water running over it, it was only a couple inches deep and easy to drive past, stopped and verified depth before proceeding. I manage to make the drive home a head of the severe storms approaching our area in Fort Walton, since I was traveling Southeast I made the drive from Milton to home while it barely rained. Got home and quickly unloaded truck because I knew it was coming, heavy rain hit about 10 minutes after we got the truck unloaded and garage door closed!

When I checked the rain gauge when I got home it had 2" in it and then last nights storms hit and before I went to bed the rain had quit and I dumped 5 inches out!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A very elderly couple were having an elegant dinner to celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary.

The old man leaned forward and said softly to his wife: “Dear, there is something that I must ask you. It has always bothered me that our tenth child never quite looked like the rest of our children.

Now I want to assure you that these 75 years have been the most wonderful experience I could have ever hoped for, and your answer cannot take all that away. But, I must know, did he have a different father?”

The wife dropped her head, unable to look her husband in the eye, she paused for moment and then confessed: “Yes. Yes he did.”

The old man was very shaken, the reality of what his wife was admitting hit him harder than he had expected. With a tear in his eye he asked:

“Who? Who was he? Who was the father?”

Again, the old woman dropped her head, saying nothing at first as she tried to muster the courage to tell the truth to her husband.

Then, finally, she said: “You.”

3876961474.gif

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting my tax stuff in order to send out to my accountant, my wife tallied up all my miles for the year 36k, most ever for me, over 10k more than last year. This is most likely my last year doing my current job, won't miss all that car time that's for sure.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well about 6 hours and 20 minutes left of work today before I get out of work to go home and pack the truck for the hunting camp again. This time it's an 11 day trip, the Jan. full moon is Thursday 12th, hoping that is the one triggering the rut this year. My son Anthony will be with me for the first 4 days and then we'll take a half day off on Monday from hunting to move him back into college at Troy University for his second semester! It will be the only time I get to hunt with him this season, I pray he gets to shoot something!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good luck to you and hope ya'll get nice ones. Rut is coming Jan 15-31(earlier than Feb last year) looks like in Bay County so far so hoping for some good hunting.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last year's full moon was the 23rd of January, between 8 January and about 26 January we saw lots of movement of Bucks during daylight in Conecuh County. I actually shot a 5 point Buck that walked out on a green field at 8:15 am on the 23rd of Jan. last year, the morning of the full moon. So this year with the full moon being Jan. 12 I made sure I could hunt Jan. 6th thru Jan. 16th. Going to be very cold this weekend which will hopefully get them moving but then middle of next week and next weekend it's supposed to warm up again. These 70 + degree days in January are BS! The average high for most of the area is 60, all I ask is for the average, not 10-15 degrees above average.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm old so forgive me if I say . . . . that really doesn't look like any puss that I have ever seen up close. ---SAWMAN

Top Bottom