• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CenturyLink has wasted my time for 3 days waiting on a technician who was supposed to install a new modem that would give me 15 Megabyte speed
    Finally found out that they can't do it and the tech didn't even bother to call to tell me
    Called their customer service to find out why I was still waiting to be told that the tech should have called me
    Now we have no internet service and I'm wondering if it's because I raised hell about not being called and them wasting my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighthouse pulled that crap on me a couple of times. Finally, I was scheduled for a tech to come out between 8-12 on a Saturday morning. I sat down in my living room at 7:30 AM and watched TV till 1:00PM, no tech, no phone call, nothing. I called and the CSR and she said the tech had been by and no one was home. I explained that was incorrect as I had been watching my driveway for about 5 hours. She finally admitted that possibly there had been a miscommunication but "no problem, we will reschedule for the next Tuesday". I in turn explained "Nope, you people have wasted too much of my time and lied way too often. I will have a rep at my house within 30 minutes or I will throw all my cable boxes, routers, and other equipment owned by your company out in the rain". She said that was impossible. I told her to sit back and watch. I drove around Beulah till I found a tech up a pole a couple of streets over. Pulled up, yelled up to him what was going on and explained he was going to drop what he was doing, drive to my house immediately and fix my problem. Told him to call his supervisor and tell him to let me speak to him. He did, I did and I got my stuff dfixed. I'm done with being screw over and lied to and paying for the privilege.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brighthouse pulled that crap on me a couple of times. Finally, I was scheduled for a tech to come out between 8-12 on a Saturday morning. I sat down in my living room at 7:30 AM and watched TV till 1:00PM, no tech, no phone call, nothing. I called and the CSR and she said the tech had been by and no one was home. I explained that was incorrect as I had been watching my driveway for about 5 hours. She finally admitted that possibly there had been a miscommunication but "no problem, we will reschedule for the next Tuesday". I in turn explained "Nope, you people have wasted too much of my time and lied way too often. I will have a rep at my house within 30 minutes or I will throw all my cable boxes, routers, and other equipment owned by your company out in the rain". She said that was impossible. I told her to sit back and watch. I drove around Beulah till I found a tech up a pole a couple of streets over. Pulled up, yelled up to him what was going on and explained he was going to drop what he was doing, drive to my house immediately and fix my problem. Told him to call his supervisor and tell him to let me speak to him. He did, I did and I got my stuff dfixed. I'm done with being screw over and lied to and paying for the privilege.

Note to self...Never f*ck with Sean's cable. I went through a similar experience with Comcast when I spent a year in Mobile. TV/Internet always kept cutting out. Changed my DVR box and modem I don't know how many times. Had their sub-contractor repair guys out a bunch. Just before I was moving out, there was an actual Comcast guy(not subcontractor) a few doors down. I went over and talked to him. He told me that the building was old, and the cables that were ran just couldn't handle the new technology. Had I known that before I wouldn't have spent a year paying for HD, DVR, HiSpeed Internet, etc.

I now have U-Verse. No problems to speak of after three years. Internet isn't that fast, but it streams Netflix and connects me to GCGF, so good enough for me.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't consider myself unreasonable but if I listed all the bullshit I went through with Brighthouse you would freak out. The only reason I continued the fight is that BH is the ONLY way I can get internet at my house. I did dump the cable TV that day.

This is more of a rant than information but I'm totally fed up with customer service problems. For years I was Mr. Laid Back and took getting bent over in stride. Problem is, when you look at how much the average household spends for services it's BS to be lied to and charged for things you don't get. I deal very professionally with people, use reason and facts and not emotion but once someone starts pissing in my ear and telling me it's raining I call game on.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I completely understand. That's exactly how I felt about Comcast after paying an assload for services that my apt couldn't even handle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mediacom comes to my place every 6 weeks. I just update a post I have on the mediacom forum and they call the tech and he adjusts the levels and my tv magically stops tiling and i get more than 2mb down. They're the only option and they know it too. When they came to install it was between 1-5 they showed up at 930pm with no equipment...I had to drive to loxley to get my own stuff and they were trying to charge me an installation fee.....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I am the kind of person who will spend a hundred to get a twenty's worth of satisfaction in matters like the above

good job

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a race to get through the causeway this evening. Wind was whipping the water onto my car in the far lane from the bay. Everyone was doing like 80mph to get by. Supposed or be a big storm tonight. Most the restaurants where already swamped at about 5:45 when indrove through.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really hope it rains hard so I can say it's too much weather to drive in.. when I had my Jeep they would laugh when i said I didn't want to drive in

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mediacom comes to my place every 6 weeks. I just update a post I have on the mediacom forum and they call the tech and he adjusts the levels and my tv magically stops tiling and i get more than 2mb down. They're the only option and they know it too. When they came to install it was between 1-5 they showed up at 930pm with no equipment...I had to drive to loxley to get my own stuff and they were trying to charge me an installation fee.....

Wow and we were thinking about switching to Mediacom. I guess I can't complain with my $80 a month Dish Network which we had no problems with and my $28 a month Extream DSL also no issues with. I am staying with what we got.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, its like my cell phone fight with Sprint years ago. It finally got so bad, documented AND ADMITTED BY THEM, that I went to Verizon, got a new service and told Sprint I wouldn't be paying them another nickle. I got bills from Sprint demanding I pay a $150.00 contract termination fee. When arguing with them didn't work I logged onto the national BBB site (I highly recommend them) and filed a complaint, including documentation. They mediated and I finally got a letter from Sprint saying that they would drop the charge if I signed an end of service agreement. I read the agreement and it basically said, through subterfuge and lawyerly written sentences, that THEY were doing me a favor because I misunderstood the terms (calling me stupid). Uh, nope, I would accept nothing less than them admitting that they treated me badly, didn't provide the service they promised in the contract, misrepresented what really happened during the service and acknowledged all of the time, frustration and money I wasted because of them. Three more letters and I was almost happy. They left to the sentence in the agreement that boldly stated they would NOT consider it an unpaid debt and would be held liable if this experience ever showed up on my personal credit. Took a year and yes, a lot of my time but to me it was principle, I would not allow myself to be portrayed as the bad guy, I would suffer no damage to my credit and reputation and lastly, I wanted a permanent statement filed on line with BBB that the public could access.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Read this on another forum I'm a frequent reader on. Pretty nuts and very interested to see how it turns out.

http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/forum/So-I-turned-in-my-handguns-today-2522378-8

Paste of the OP:
    Thanks to a five pound rock being heaved through my front window by my 23year old nephew, New York State has decided it's not safe for me to keep my late husbands handguns...

The incident wAs labelled "domestic violence" even though I have no idea where the coward lives or even have had any contact with him since my dad died in 2013.*

I had to file for an appeal within ten days, to schedule a hearing. Failure to do so is a permanent revocation.*

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess my phone got wet this morning in the monsoon that was occurring while I was trying to leave for work. It's acting funny and unfortunately I can't remove the battery. Off to locate some desiccant....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jeep power it off and bury it in rice, the rice will draw the moisture out of it.

I'm lucky in that we have desiccant beads here at work. My phone has been off since I discovered that it wasn't acting right and it's been sitting in a bag of those desiccant beads for almost an hour now.

No case on it?

It's got a thin case on it, but it sits upside down in a pocket that's on the side of my knee (Carhartt's). Unfortunately my phone's charging port, headphone jack, microphone and speaker holes are all on the bottom and uncovered. When I left for work, my pants got soaked just trying to make it from my garage to my truck. I'm guessing a drop or 5 ended up getting down into one or all of those holes. My screen kept lighting up and it kept saying "dock attached" when there was nothing attached.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang that sucks.
    I'm sure it will be fine once you let it dry out. I'd keep it powered down for at least 24hrs and in those beads.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dang that sucks.
    I'm sure it will be fine once you let it dry out. I'd keep it powered down for at least 24hrs and in those beads.

Yeah, that isn't going to happen. I'm waiting to hear from a couple people today that I need to be in contact with. I'll try to give it at least another hour or so.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the main reasons I keep a couple old phones and stay with GSM companies, if I need to use another phone for whatever reason, just swap over my sim card and good to go.

Top Bottom