• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My mother has 50 or so silver dollars that I need to get appraised.

Morgans? Peace? Ikes? If they are Morgans (like the one in my pic) look for a CC mint mark on the reverse below the wreath. Most any CC Morgan is valuable. There are other years/mint marks that are extremely valuable too.

Peace dollars, the ugliest coin made IMHO, have some that are valuable, any 1921 and a few others but Morganland are where most collectable coins live.

Ikes, or Eisenhower dollars have little collectable value. Most are copper/nickel and contain no silver. The ones that do contain silver are only 40% so. I'm not a fan of coins with real people on them but the Ike's reverse is cool, especially the one depicting the moon landing.

John, if you'd like me to look at the coins I can tell you which ones have collector value and would warrant further appraisal. Like anything collectable, condition is everything.

Rick

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Rick. I will probably take you up on that when this job is over (maybe end of April). Working 12 days on and two off out of town doesn't leave time for much. These are all older stuff, no Peace or Ikes. It's been 3 years or so since I looked at them and don't remember that much detail.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    DEVELOPING: As many as 20 people may have been shot Wednesday, and police in San Bernardino were in a standoff with at least one gunman, according to authorities.
    12 dead...

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So I broke down and finally signed up on facebook. Now what?

Rick

Now you have to be everyone's friend, post anything and everything that you are thinking (all the time, no matter what it is, what others may think, etc.), "like" and "share" everything you see, be sure to post some sort of political rant/rambling every single day, post pictures of every meal you eat, and be sure to tell everyone you know how much you hate everything about facebook.

That should get you started.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just came in the mail today. Regularly $39.99, bought on sale Thanksgiving day at $24.99 and ending up costing me w/tax $11.49 due to some Amazon gift cards I had.

2rmnzmb.jpg

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope so. It's my first foray into streaming devices. I originally only got interested in getting one because I wanted to watch that new Amazon series The Man in the High Castle on my TV (I don't like "watching TV" on/at my computer). Fortunately I was able to snag it at a good price.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope so. It's my first foray into streaming devices. I originally only got interested in getting one because I wanted to watch that new Amazon series The Man in the High Castle on my TV (I don't like "watching TV" on/at my computer). Fortunately I was able to snag it at a good price.

Yep, same here. I did watch a lot of TV on my tablet when my wife was in the hospital but it's not the same as watching a bigger screen in comfort. Problem is gonna be when you go exploring Amazon, Hulu and Netflix and get brain locked with too many choices.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Problem is gonna be when you go exploring Amazon, Hulu and Netflix and get brain locked with too many choices.
    Yep, I can foresee that happening. A couple weeks ago I finally got around to exploring the Amazon Prime I got during the one day sale day back in Sept. Started out looking at their collection of movies and somehow ended up buying my first ever Kindle book, "The Germans in Normandy", for 99 cents.:redface:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom