• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Geez that's horrible. How do people even try to get away with stuff like that, I would be feeling so guilty afterward.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn't of thought so.
    Been a little over 30 years ago when I found 1/2 gal's of Jack Daniels in a grocery store across the river from Baton Rouge( Port Allen) They had a stack of 42 1/2 gallon bottles of Jack Daniels for the low price of $12.49. I know there was only 42 because my crew bought every 1/2 gal they had which divided between 11 of us averaged out to 1.5 gallons each with the first of us in the store getting 2 gallons each. There would of been a brawl if we hadn't shared with the crew as it took the grocery store 4 days to restock and the only got 50 of the 1/2 gal bottles still priced at $12.49 and yep we bought all of that load too. I remember the shocked looked on the managers face when I asked him how long till they would get a 3rd shipment in. We wound up leaving town before they got anymore at that price, it was no wonder some motels had signs in the front windows No Dog & No Doodlebuggers. Seismic Survey crews are still called doodlbuggers but I no longer stay drunk for days on end, actually hardly ever take a drink anymore

I had been stopping by Sam's club in Covington and purchasing my Jack at $41.30 after tax, I'll usually pick up a couple and they last me a month or so.

I checked out Sam's in P'cola the other day it's $38.15 after tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Started showing my kids the movies I loved when I was a kid. Free Willy is on the menu tonight. I forgot how great this movie is.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had been stopping by Sam's club in Covington and purchasing my Jack at $41.30 after tax, I'll usually pick up a couple and they last me a month or so.

I checked out Sam's in P'cola the other day it's $38.15 after tax.

I've got most a 1/2 gal. of Skye vodka that I've been drinking on for 7 or 8 years plus a friend gave me a 1/2 gal of his home-brew that will take many years
    to drink as it's got to be over 180 proof. It's smooth but it packs a mean punch once it hit's bottom.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tend to agree with that. I told her to call me if she felt like anyone might be trying to screw her over. She called me, but it was after she had already left the place and she was steaming.

I almost never let my wife take our vehicles in for any sort of service or work unless its warranty work. I think they tend to see women as not knowing shit about vehicles and maybe a easy sale on some un needed service or in your case, tires.
    Definatley not always the case or with every employee but I'm sure women get that treatment a lot more than men.

All of you Baldwin County guys bring your vehicle to me to work on, I can do some stuff at my house and if I can't do it there bring it to my work Robertsdale Automotive. Honesty is our policy, I don't know how people can sleep at night screwing people over. PM me if you ever need anything, I will be glad to help anyway I can.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had one of those Jiffy Lube Oil Change places tell me one time my serpentine belt was cracked and needed to be replaced. The "cracks" were spaced evenly across the entire belt, looked like they belonged there. They wanted $40 to replace the belt, a 5 minute job on my vehicle at the time. I bought one for $17 and had it put it on when I took the truck in for some other maintenance 50,000 miles later! Belt they said was bad made it another 50,000 miles and probably would have made it longer. Holmes Auto is family owned business in town, they're the only ones that get my business now.

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had one of those Jiffy Lube Oil Change places tell me one time my serpentine belt was cracked and needed to be replaced. The "cracks" were spaced evenly across the entire belt, looked like they belonged there. They wanted $40 to replace the belt, a 5 minute job on my vehicle at the time. I bought one for $17 and had it put it on when I took the truck in for some other maintenance 50,000 miles later! Belt they said was bad made it another 50,000 miles and probably would have made it longer. Holmes Auto is family owned business in town, they're the only ones that get my business now.

Had a service manager at the local European import tell me the reason my Wife's Jetta had a vibration in the steering was due to a problem in the exhaust...

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anybody needs any cheap work type pants, Academy has a ton of Magellan brand pants on sale for like $10-14 each. The one on Airport in Mobile had quite a bit.
    I have some shorts made by Magellan and they are pretty nice.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The company in Atlanta that basically kicked me to the curb a month ago is now calling me asking for my help. I really want to tell them to pound sand but they are talking some serious money for two hours of my time per week. I know they will attempt to consume a lot more of my time than that and don't trust them as far as I can spit.

Opinions?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The company in Atlanta that basically kicked me to the curb a month ago is now calling me asking for my help. I really want to tell them to pound sand but they are talking some serious money for two hours of my time per week. I know they will attempt to consume a lot more of my time than that and don't trust them as far as I can spit.

Opinions?

Don't sign any sort of contract, do it only the exact specified amount of time they ask until they demand more or you get sick of it, then tell them to pound sand. Use the money to buy guns.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say if you are happy where you are at as far as income and work load, then tell them to fuck off.
    If they have screwed you before them I have a hard time trying to give 2nd chances

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Only you know if it's worth the pain to make the money
    From your previous post it sounds like a good time to do as TennJeep said

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Opinions?

Tough to do sometimes but don't burn any bridges. If you do eventually tell them to go pound sand do it the most polite & courteous manner possible.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Opinions?

Take what your salary was and times it by 1.5. That is what you really cost them. Then take that number and double/triple/quadruple it and tell them that's your hourly rate in minimum of 1 hour increments. Then remember, the amount of work accomplished is inversely proportional to the amount of money paid (in other words, the more you make the slower you work). If they go for that deal then put it to them. Remember, while they may have screwed you first he who screws last, screws best.

Idoono

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When you say serious $ I think of that as more than double what they were paying you. Set the terms that are OK w you and be grateful for the opportunity...good luck

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Take what your salary was and times it by 1.5. That is what you really cost them. Then take that number and double/triple/quadruple it and tell them that's your hourly rate in minimum of 1 hour increments. Then remember, the amount of work accomplished is inversely proportional to the amount of money paid (in other words, the more you make the slower you work). If they go for that deal then put it to them. Remember, while they may have screwed you first he who screws last, screws best.

Idoono

This triggered a memory. Be careful and make sure you lay aside tax money. Self-contracting got my bro-in-law a $25K tax bill his first year...he forgot to deduct the employer taxes!

Top Bottom