• Brandon C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BLACK WALTHER P22

BY PENSACOLA AIRPORT (LANGLEY)

850-324-1777

Price

STOLEN LAST NIGHT PLEASE CONTACT ME IF SOMETHING COMES UP.... THANKS BRANDON

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I heard that a school got broken into on Langley last night too. Several things like laptops stolen and they also did some vandalism. Did they break into your house or car ?

Brandon C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Truck. They stole other things from truck also.... hope they slipped up somewhere and left a trace and can find them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that sucks man, hope they get caught and you get it back!

A couple months back I was in a pawn shop while a customer asked to handle a green frame P22. Upon inspecting it he claimed that it used to be his, and that it had been stolen several years ago. Much to the salesman's surprise the gentleman showed up with appropriate paperwork to prove his statement the following day. Pistol was returned and police followed up on the guy who pawned it! So don't give up all hope, sometimes these things work out alright. Not often, but here is hoping the best for your situation.. -Josh

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Was the truck left open or did they break the window ?
    I was reading a thread on another forum several months ago and the guy was saying that he found his stolen stuff in a pawn shop and he had to buy it to get it back. Seriously. Anybody else read that thread ? I'm thinking it was on "the other forum".

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully, the serial number was known -- and provided to the police...

I keep a spreadsheet of all my firearms -- multiple copies, in multiple places...a good practice for everyone.

Maybe it will turn up somewhere and be returned to you.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was the truck left open or did they break the window ?
    I was reading a thread on another forum several months ago and the guy was saying that he found his stolen stuff in a pawn shop and he had to buy it to get it back. Seriously. Anybody else read that thread ? I'm thinking it was on "the other forum".

I remember that, military guy found it in a pawn shop, and both the police, and the pawn shop said he had to buy it back.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    usally they will let you buy it for what they paid for it, so it's not quite as bad, then you can prossacute and bad guy pays you back, maybe?? If he feels like it.

Brandon C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    had serial # at office so wasn't able to give at time. so waiting for officer to call back.

But what seemed odd was he said that the serial # wasn't that important ???

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    had serial # at office so wasn't able to give at time. so waiting for officer to call back.

But what seemed odd was he said that the serial # wasn't that important ???

That statement makes no sense. He must think there's no way that you are going to get it back.
    Why does he think there are serial numbers in the first place ?
    I've heard of sting operations that netted a lot of stolen property from thieves and if you didn't have proof (i.e. serial number) that something was yours, you didn't get it back.
    Run that by the officer.

Brandon C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I called him back first thing this morning as soon as I had it and I still haven't heard back from him. I figured they would want to get it the data base so if it got pawned or something.

Derek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This is the type of shit that burns me up.....Why steal from someone that's just a coward act.....I pray that you find the SOB and put a cap in his ass!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scuba Same thing I do to . Hard to have a safe in a motor home so I send a list to my son in another state. Thats the only hope of ever getting them back.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    I remember that, military guy found it in a pawn shop, and both the police, and the pawn shop said he had to buy it back.

I heard about this... It's not the case in AL or Ga. I did find this below, sounds like you can get your goods back if you file a civil suit.

Florida Courts have ruled that law enforcement may no longer recover stolen property from pawnshops or secondhand dealers and return it to a victim of a crime without providing the broker an opportunity of a hearing.

If you have been a victim of stolen or misappropriated property that has been located in a pawnshop or with a secondhand dealer, you may be able to recover your property by filing suit, at no cost to you, in Civil court.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ah yes..you must buy your property back. ( about 1800$ worth of life lesson there) then file for restitution which you will never collect. Good luck man..that sucks !!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Being a Pawn Broker, they pretty much lose No Money when making their deals. The property can be stolen, they may or may not know this, but take it in pawn anyway. If it is stolen, the owner/victim has to pay back the pawn broker, and to my understanding, they can charge a service fee. Sure, you can file a civil suit, it's not totally free, you have to pay for the papers, filing fees, court costs etc... and hope the theft pays you back thru court order...
    They're Pawn Brokers that ask right off the bat; Do you want to "Sell it or Pawn it"? If you Sell it, usually no paperwork is done or even a Serial # check (dishonest Broker), if it's pawned, then there is paperwork done.
    It's the Police' job to collect the pawn tickets from various brokers, and to check any serial #'s thru NCIC/FCIC to see if any has been entered as stolen. Again, No Responsibility of the Broker......
    This is why thefts of guns are prevalent.....Fast Cash......
    But, If there were a FSS. requiring ALL Brokers to Hold a weapon for Pawn for 3 days, before remitting any cash, this may curtail alot of gun thefts.
    Unless you have a ccw, you gotta wait 3 days before you get your pistol, why not reverse it and make 'em wait before getting their money? This would give police
    time to run the serial #'s before the thief can make his/her Fast Cash.....
    Anyway, I hope you recover your pistol. You didn't say how it was stolen, hopefully not from a unlocked vehicle.....

Top Bottom