APOD Firearms

Spray-In Bed liners - Recent Experiences?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone had a bed liner sprayed in recently? Looking to have the bed on my Tundra done and was looking at different options in the area.

Seems like Rhino and Line-X are the two best out there. Line-X is done out of FWB, and Rhino Linings of Pensacola appears to be at Vince Whibbs.

Mike Ryans does Speedline, but I haven't heard anything about them.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a truck that had Line-X installed (bought it used) and I have been very very happy with it.

A guy at work said the Line-X cost a bit more than the rhino and that there are 2 different Rhino products now.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go line x it is a much finer spray. Rhino is to chunky and over time will lose its color. My line x looks like the day I picked it up 6 years ago.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Line-X is a much harder material and will not chip like Rhino. Line-X is much better at protecting from dents as well, since it's harder. I have had and used both.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mike Ryan has always done a good job for me !!!

Me too. I have had two beds lined by them and had no problems. One was a work truck that saw heavy use and the liner held up well. At Ryan's they take the paint down to metal so you get a good bond. This prep is very important and makes a huge difference in durability.

Saw the truck I sold to a buddy yesterday and the speed liner is still dark with no fading going on 7 years now.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had a 2000 model ford truck that was rhino lined, when I got rid of that truck in 08 it still looked brand new. Of course I had a camper shell on the whole time. The liner in my current chevy was sprayed by sandy sansing and I gouged the hell of it with a lt1 engine block a few years back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Drove out to FWB today to have the bed sprayed. I'm very pleased with the work, took a little over 3 hours, but they do great work. Even sprayed all the bolts that they take out so everything would match and not be rusted. I had "under the rail" job done and my total price was $598 out the door after their $25 coupon on the site (www.floridaline-x.com). They can do "over the rail" where they go over the top rail of the bed, but on the Tundra's, they come with a factory rail cover, and taking that off leaves a bunch of holes in the bed that have to be filled and molded, which costs extra. I wasn't too worried about it as I don't mind the factory plastic rail covers.

inT0TmGl.jpg

kT7N6CNl.jpg

c8mjsLZl.jpg

Top Bottom