• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skrraatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello there,

I'm a new Glock 43 owner. So far so good. Supringly accurate. Only problem I'm having is with the sites. My eyesight pretty much sucks even with glasses. It's annoying at the range because I can barely use the sites that come with the 43. I have Googled this, and I see there are quite a few to choose from. I thought I would check in here prior to just guessing. Thanks Jeff

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I have a Glock 17 and I use a red HiViz front sight and just use my Glock stock back sight and I like it alot. It really sticks out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Welcome to the forum!

The Introductions section is mainly for new members to just introduce themselves, so I've moved this thread to the Handguns section where you'll probably get a better response. Feel free to start another thread back in the Introductions section telling everyone a little about yourself and how you found the site.

In regards to G43 sights, I'm assuming your intended purpose is CCW? What kind of eyesight trouble do you have? Are you able to focus on the front sight? What about the factory sights make them difficult for you to use?

skrraatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the forum!

The Introductions section is mainly for new members to just introduce themselves, so I've moved this thread to the Handguns section where you'll probably get a better response. Feel free to start another thread back in the Introductions section telling everyone a little about yourself and how you found the site.

In regards to G43 sights, I'm assuming your intended purpose is CCW? What kind of eyesight trouble do you have? Are you able to focus on the front sight? What about the factory sights make them difficult for you to use?
    I use reading glasses to read, and prescription glasses to drive. They are not progressive or bifocal lenses. So when I go to the range, it's difficult for me to use the Glock standard sights without wearing my readers, which I doubt I'd have on in a cc situation. I still shoot pretty well, but it would be nice if I could see the far sight a little better. .. and yes, this is a ccw situation, but I love to practice at the range.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    skraatch, ever shot with the peep and post military style sights? Not sure it is made for the G43, but I have a set of Ghost Ring night sights on my G21 house gun and I can pick them up best without my readers.

skrraatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    skraatch, ever shot with the peep and post military style sights? Not sure it is made for the G43, but I have a set of Ghost Ring night sights on my G21 house gun and I can pick them up best without my readers.
    Ray,

Nope, but that might work. I think in the upcoming months there will be a lot more after market stuff for the 43... I actually can shoot pretty good at the range with the existing sites, but it's just annoying not being able to line them up properly without wearing reading glasses... lol

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Take a look at the Tru Glo TFO's. I have a set on my Glock 20 hunting gun. They are extremely bright fiber optic during the daytime and glow very brightly at night. In fact,I have used quite a few different fiber optic and trijicon style sights and these seem the brightest to me.

Welcome to the forum. --- SAWMAN

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently put some advantage tactical sites on my Compact CC and am pretty impressed. They do seem to be less fatiguing on the eyes. You basically just make up a triangle which in theory is easier for the brain and eyes to process according to their research. They are big so that might help with not so perfect vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 with the sawman on this one, look at the Tru Glo TFO's.

Take a look at the Tru Glo TFO's. I have a set on my Glock 20 hunting gun. They are extremely bright fiber optic during the daytime and glow very brightly at night. In fact,I have used quite a few different fiber optic and trijicon style sights and these seem the brightest to me.

Welcome to the forum. --- SAWMAN

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dawson Precision makes some fiber optic sights that work well on Glocks. I have some on my G19 and G21. I think they even make a tri-angle style that some people are adopting.

HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Trijicon HD night sights have put me and my old eyes back in the game. I like the orange basketball in the front but others like the green. I have them on all my SIG pistols. A little pricey but they are worth the money on a carry gun. If you need assistance installing new sights I can help you with that. Here is a link to the sights.

http://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Nigh...1448978420&sr=8-2&keywords=trijicon+hd+sights

gtkillerv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ameriglo has some interesting sights called the CAP. Front sight is a night sight insert with a glow in the dark outline, and the rear sight is just a glow in the dark line that is horizontal to the sight and only under the notch. Price is less than going full night sight also.
    I would have never considered any kind of glow in the dark sights until I shot the H&K VP9 with glow in the dark sights, and I liked them.

Keith

Top Bottom