• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryancolby33

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought a SIG P226 LEGION DA/SA several months ago (pre-election) and I'm considering selling it, or trading it because of the finish issues. Paid $1269 for it, and I'm on pins and needles every time I touch it in fear of ruining the finish if I'm considering getting rid of it. My question is should I get rid of it, or keep it? I've got a glock, and I wouldn't mind a couple more for the price of this one SIG. I know the LEGION series is a big hit right now, but something inside of me says $1300 should've bought me a darn near perfect pistol. Can't make up my mind. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

xenscott

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finish wear comes from holsters. Are you going to carry it? Other than rust, I don't care about finish issues. I kind of understand but some finish wear doesn't make a gun less valuable. The PVD finish is supposed to be tough but that doesn't mean it won't show wear.

jmm193

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you plan on shooting it or will it be a safe queen? I have the same pistol and have put approx. 400 rounds through it so far with no issues. It's a dream to shoot...even though the cost is up there I never considered it a collector piece or anything so if I have finish issues other than normal wear and tear I will definitely reach out to Sig and see what they say...I say use it and enjoy it but if you are worried about losing value or having damage to the gun then sell it and buy a different gun and upgrade it, or you could put a down payment on something like a Les Baer custom https://www.lesbaer.com/prices.html ;-)

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don't understand the quandary here? I have a Legion as well and have put quite a few rounds through mine with no issues whatsoever to the finish, still looks brand new. What is it that your worried about? The finish on this gun is as good or better than most out there and if there is ever an issue with it failing I am sure that Sig would warranty the issue. If the worry is you dinging it then I would say you are definitely in over your head, will have the same worries with any expensive firearm and should probably stick with a Glock or something you can beat up. I just don't understand the issue with the Sig versus any other manufacturer's finish and therefore don't understand what you are worried about with this firearm in particular. The Legion is an awesome gun and I personally would be less worried with the finish and instead enjoy the many excellent features about the platform, that is what makes it a $1300 gun not the finish.

Top Bottom