• ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    image.jpg

Ok so maybe my mosquito isn't so great....

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      282.9 KB · Views: 188

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    shitty man, hopefully sig with make it right

thats why I BOYCOTT and shun (walther P22S, sig mosquitos, and ISSC 22lr pistols) zinc is weaker than plastic

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I figured I would make this its own thread.

Called Sig this morning, they want me to pay $65 bucks for shipping and handling to send the gun back. They said that the gun had a 1 year warranty when mine was manufactured, but guns produced later on had a lifetime warranty, so they were willing to repair it for me at no cost.

I think that I have a bit of a problem paying the shipping, especially at that rate, for such a catastrophic failure of their product. I have nearly every sig in the model line, and let the supervisor know that when I got him on the line, but that didn't help me.

I am a little peeved, am I being unreasonable in thinking that they should take care of everything here?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spend the $65 after bitching and trying to get it free or be w/o the gun, not many choices....remember, drop a Glock and keep shooting...LOL

I'm the type that is principle based and I hold a grudge. Part of me would rather tell them to piss off, and go put my $65 towards one of those MP22 pistols, or the SR22. I love my sigs, but I don't think that is a good way to handle a loyal customer.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also kinda courious as to the folded newspaper by the silenced pistol?? That is an old mafia trick.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TraderDan, I guess that was the weakest point in the metal and the force of recoil causing the slide to impact the frame along with the recoil spring exerting pressure on the lower front portion of the slide finally fractured and broke it.

Good news too...

I called Jay's to see if they had any pull with Sig, since I bought the gun from them, and it turns out that they do. Jesse called them for me and worked out the details. I am dropping it off to them and Sig is going to provide a shipping label and get it taken care of with no cost to me. Great customer service from Jay's here in Pensacola.

Although they wouldn't help me personally, I am really glad that I don't have to boycott Sig over 65 dollars, there are still so many of their guns that I want to get :D.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, my grandfather on my mothers side is 100% Italian....

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So this happened just from routine fireing then. They should take care of it free and then some. I figured it might have been dropped or jammed up somehow. I liked my mosquito, although I was not SIG impressed with it and let it go. I believe you would be alot happier with a M&P, I shot jj's awhile ago and it was pretty sweet. It would be the next one I would get in the tacital type .22 pistol.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ouch that sucks. That is a major failure. At least they are going to fix it. It would bother me about the shipping if the gun was under warrantee but you said it was not. Not to bad a deal really.

The question is are you going to keep a gun that can break that easily?

Joe

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to hear -- otherwise, I would have called Sig back and told the supervisor that you were going to rant on the Sig forum and post pistures... I think Umarex (a pellet gun company) makes those for Sig... I know that they make the Walthers.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So this happened just from routine fireing then. They should take care of it free and then some. I figured it might have been dropped or jammed up somehow. I liked my mosquito, although I was not SIG impressed with it and let it go. I believe you would be alot happier with a M&P, I shot jj's awhile ago and it was pretty sweet. It would be the next one I would get in the tacital type .22 pistol.

I have put a lot of rounds through it, but nothing crazy and the gun wasn't abused. I have been thinking about one of those M&P 22's, I had heard that they were made by Umarex too, not sure if that is true or not.

Ouch that sucks. That is a major failure. At least they are going to fix it. It would bother me about the shipping if the gun was under warrantee but you said it was not. Not to bad a deal really.

The question is are you going to keep a gun that can break that easily?

Joe

I know that technically they could have told me tough luck, but the 65 bucks still doesn't seem right with a failure of that kind, warranty or not, its not like we are talking about a worn out gun that won't work anymore.

I have 10 mags for the gun, have had it for ~4 years or more with at least 5k rounds through it, so I will hold on to it and take my chances. If the slide breaks in another few years after as many rounds I will ask to have it replaced again... but I don't think a gun like this is going to be the type that I hand down through the generations though.

Good to hear -- otherwise, I would have called Sig back and told the supervisor that you were going to rant on the Sig forum and post pistures... I think Umarex (a pellet gun company) makes those for Sig... I know that they make the Walthers.

I probably would have gotten them back on the phone and made them listen to me bitch and moan until they conceded, I believe you are right about them being made by Umarex, same as those Colt .22's, and the HK 22's if I remember correctly.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, well you know, we want them light and cheap so in reality you do get what you pay for. at least they are reasonablly priced and in most cases well worth the money spent. Every last one of them, any brand break sometime.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to hear it's working out.

I miss the old days. Back in the early 70's I had a Ruger Deerslayer carbine .44 mag. I bought it second hand and it was severely beat up on the outside. Almost no finish on the stock and some severe dents. Maybe 20% bluing left. It would stove pipe about 50% of the rounds. I sent it to Ruger and when it came back it had an invoice in the box. I think they replaced every single moving part in the rifle, re-blued, and put on a new stock. The Amount Due box said N/C. Pretty much the same treatment from Remington on a well used 1100 that I bought second hand. No new stock but they replaced all the guts for free. Neither company even asked for shipping.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to hear it's working out.

I miss the old days. Back in the early 70's I had a Ruger Deerslayer carbine .44 mag. I bought it second hand and it was severely beat up on the outside. Almost no finish on the stock and some severe dents. Maybe 20% bluing left. It would stove pipe about 50% of the rounds. I sent it to Ruger and when it came back it had an invoice in the box. I think they replaced every single moving part in the rifle, re-blued, and put on a new stock. The Amount Due box said N/C. Pretty much the same treatment from Remington on a well used 1100 that I bought second hand. No new stock but they replaced all the guts for free. Neither company even asked for shipping.

I was treated the same way by Remington about 2 years ago, no shipping charges, no BS.

I have not had many positive experiences with Sig's customer service in the past, which is a shame, since I really do like their products.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom