• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For some time Ive been lookin for a laser/light combo for Winchester M1200.
    Streamlight has a good example that is molded with the pump forearm. Problem
    is they only make it for Rem 870, Moss 500 and 590. So, does anyone know if
    the ones available can be modified to work on the Winchester? What's involved
    in changing the handguards?

Help,
    Owen

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    PM "RackinRay" here. He found a great shotgun laser that he was highly recommending on the forum here a few months ago

Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don't want all that stuff hanging off the gun. I just want a simple
    light as part of the forearm. Can anyone else help?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Tractor Supply Company has a cheap flashlight/slide combo for like $50+-

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    114   0   0
    Would a laser on the fore end get in the way of functioning or could it in a panic? You might want to consider hanging on barrel. Many barrels are probably close in diameter ergo you might find more options of adaptability. Just a thought.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Also, keep in mind, when you are using that weapon light, that you are at the same time pointing a firearm at whatever you are pointing that flashlight at. You might draw fire on yourself when all you wanted to do was see in the dark. This is also what got the leader of the NFA group arrested. He's charged with pointing a flashlight at some people to see who they were, that just happened to be law enforcement. The NFA leader got lucky. The law dogs could have shot him on sight for it but they were trained to rapidly recognize what is a threat and what isn't. They had him arrested instead and now he's in deep shit and might never own a gun legally ever again, but at least he's not shot

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    To the OP, is there any magazine tube exposed in front of your handguard? If so they make a clamp that clamps on both the mag tube and the barrel and has a piece of rail for mounting accessories.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    114   0   0
    To the OP, is there any magazine tube exposed in front of your handguard? If so they make a clamp that clamps on both the mag tube and the barrel and has a piece of rail for mounting accessories.

You're right, I forgot about that. Nordic is one of the companies that make just such a clamp. They make it for many different models.

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They also make a clamp that clamps onto the magazine tube and holds the flashlight/laser. I have one that sits in the spare parts drawer if interested

Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I want to thank everyone for their input. This thread has gone completely sideways. To try and get it back on track,,,,

I want a Shotgun light like the Streamlight product shown. It is available for Rem and Moss guns, but not for my Winchester M1200. What's involved in changing out a front handguard? Could one of the available units be mounted on my M1200?
    Streamlighht Rem 870.jpg

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Maybe get one of the treeline units from tractor supply. Maybe you can modify it to fit. Worst case you are only out half the cost of the streamlight tlracker.
    Im interested to hear reviews on the treeline models. The stats between that and the streamlight are very close.

Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    OK Treeline folks.....I have looked at the Treeline catalog and found lights for Moss and Rem; still no Winchester. I have emailed them about product line expansion. Answer so far is "we got your question".

So now, same question to the group, What is involved in using a light for Rem or Moss on my Winchester1200 ? I''ve checked locally, no T/S stocks one, so there is no going to look at one. I've looked at You Tube of disassembly and they look quite different. Who has been down this path? I can't be the only one? Can a light for a Rem or Moss be installed on a Winchester M1200???

Help.
    Owen

'

'we got your question
    '/

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Probably not many answers in our small little world here because no one has tried it. I’d say either expand your search to the internet as a while, or make a purchase of the cheapest mossy/rem unit you can find and become a pioneer. I’m somewhat doubtful that there will be much crossover but that’s based on nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom