• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visits Pearl Harbor and refuses to apologize for killing thousands of innocent Americans. He offered his "condolences". I say B.S. Condolences are what you offer to the families of victims of a deadly Hurricane or Tornado, not those whom your country killed in a dirty sneak attack. Shame on Japan and the ungrateful Prime Minister.

When Obama went to Japan, he heaped shame on himself and the country he so obviously hates when he condemned the "mistaken" U.S. policy which resulted in us dropping two atomic bombs. But Abe certainly didn't express his personal regret or remorse, rather he made an oblique reference to the previous statements of others. I guess you gotta' give him credit for being tougher than Obama, but I have a poinsettia plant that is tougher than Obama.

As far as I can see, this whole event was orchestrated and conducted by Obama to make the U.S. weaker in the eyes of the world and Japan was all to happy to join in. It's just another ingredient in the big pile of steaming dog poop Obama is hoping to hand over to Trump in an insane attempt to damage Trump's administration which Obama hopes will keep his legacy from being revealed as the disaster it truly is. These are the actions of a spoiled child.

The U.S. essentially provides for the entire defense of Japan at American taxpayer expense. I certainly hope that Trump tells Japan they must immediately pay for what they're getting. If they don't, Trump should cut off those ungrateful bastards and tell them to deal with China and Korea on their own.

I'm tired of sending my hard earned tax money to Japan so that their standard of living can be improved while mine is getting worse. Time for them to pay up.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been to Peace Park (ground zero) in Hiroshima. I have also been to the Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor.
    My thoughts - - - - > The Japanese started it. They woke up the sleeping giant. Their ambassador was talking peace while the carriers were turning into the wind for the launch. That's ok . . I understand that.
    The Japanese atrocities during the war are well documented. Not only what they did to our troops but to the Chinese civilians and to the Filipino civilians.
    All in all . . I have no real love for the Japanese. They,like most orientals are a brutal people/race.Which in some instances is a good thing. The South Korean (R.O.K.) Panthers fighting in Viet Nam come to mind.
    When at Peace Park I felt extremely uneasy. Nobody spoke to us but you could feel the tension. My immediate thought was . . "Why should I ?? They started the shit,we just finished it."
    When at the Arizona Memorial there were Japanese civilians AND military all walking around with cameras. My first thought . . "They are taking celebration photos." They were laughing and joking. Not at all as reverent as I felt they should be OR as we were while visiting Peace Park.
    Went to Japan several times while in the military. Never had a real good time as compaired to other oriental countries. Too expensive,people seemes to snooty (snotty),seemed to go out of their way not to talk to you,not to look at you,not to help you.
    But like all people,there are good and bad Japanese,but in my opinion they are not a bit sorry for the attack on Pearl Harbor. They are not as "sensative" about it as most Americans are about Heroshima (myself not included). ---SAWMAN

Last edited:

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you would rather jeopardize what, our only foothold in the region(South Korea doesn't count, we are still at war there), and a good working relationship with another country, because Abe didn't say what you want him to say and then fall to his knees right there and commit seppuku?

You basically want him to apologize for the actions of a different regime, actions that were made at a time when he wasn't even alive. Not only that, it was more than likely the entry of the Soviets into the Pacific theater against Japan that ended the war, as opposed to the use of atomic weapons. They were still holding out hope that Stalin would come to aid them, instead he invaded Manchuria and declared war on them.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They are our friends and allies now and have been for a long time. Even My Dad who fought them and killed many and lost Sailors and Airmen to them was satisfied. We won, say your peace and remain allies not enemies. Remember and respect the generation who rose up to fight for the USA

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Read any book that details the Bataan death march and you will have a hard time feeling warm fuzzies for the Japanese.

the Shinto religion which inspired the fanatics in the govt, was almost totally eliminated, the same thing we need to do to islam, destroy them 99%, if the one percent left does not fall in line, wipe them from the face of the earth...

we would still be fighting kamakazie pilots if they had not done that..

but it is over, we should maintain friendship, but not to the extent we pay the way

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't consider them enemies but there's no warm fuzzies here.

yep,

those who don't remember the past, are doomed to repeat it..

the PC nature of our govt, needs to change...destroy the enemy, don't try to understand them, just do it.we can understand them later...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since no apologies will ever be enough to satisify those affected by the JAPANESE, they only address it on rare occasions; though there are still Japanese military and political persons, those who fought them and families who lost loved ones still alive.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Some don't think there has been enough apologies for the War between the States and the related slavery issue either though those involved are long gone.

Top Bottom